Looking for a new "endgame" tube amp - thoughts?
Aug 5, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #16 of 22
Nov 2, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #17 of 22
@OnlySoMany: Did you make a decision? I'm in a similar spot as you, only my main headphones are Focal Utopias. Considering the WA33, Nirvana, and Envy. Hard to find direct comparisons between them. I'd also strongly consider the Stellaris if the waiting time wasn't so long.

Nov 2, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #18 of 22
@OnlySoMany: Did you make a decision? I'm in a similar spot as you, only my main headphones are Focal Utopias. Considering the WA33, Nirvana, and Envy. Hard to find direct comparisons between them. I'd also strongly consider the Stellaris if the waiting time wasn't so long.
I did, thank you for following up. I went with the Viva Egoista 845 in the end.

I've only listened to it for about 50 hours or so, but it meets all expectations, and vastly exceeds in others. Hard to explain, but there is something magic about the sound. No matter the genre, it just nails it. I used to not like the Caldera for rock on my WA33, but the Viva makes it sound like they are in my head. For edm, there is slightly less slam than WA33, but it sounds more realistic. It also has more space in the bass. Like you can hear the air being moved vs feeling the air being moved.

Pure voodoo.

It's very special. Worth the hype and expense. As long as I enjoy this audio addiction, I will keep this amp. It's endgame.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 12:07 PM Post #19 of 22

Did you end up finding something for the Utopia? have some on the way so I’m just poking around tube amps, as if my wallet hasn’t already suffered a fatal blow :sweat_smile:

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #20 of 22
Did you end up finding something for the Utopia? have some on the way so I’m just poking around tube amps, as if my wallet hasn’t already suffered a fatal blow :sweat_smile:

I did! I bought the LTA Ultralinear+ (UL+) integrated amp when it was discounted 15%.

I cannot compare it to any of the other amps mentioned, since I never heard them, but I can say the UL+ is very good.

Apr 29, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #21 of 22
Why isnt trafomatic primavera on the list if you want to go broke :)

Apr 29, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #22 of 22
wa33 get elite edition, too late, not for others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back