Looking for a gaming headset
Aug 17, 2006 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

afg34

100+ Head-Fier
As the title says, i am looking for a gaming headset with mic. At the moment i am using sony mdr-xd 200, they r uncomfortable for long period of time and has no mic so i am looking for another one. So far i have looked at Logitech percision gaming headset, eDimensional AudioFX Force Feedback Gaming Headset with Mic, and icemat siberia but that was expensive. I am looking for something under $50 cdn.
3000smile.gif

Aug 17, 2006 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 27
Do not ever ever touch that Logitech Precision Gaming headset. I have no idea why I bought one a year ago (before I met Head-Fi
biggrin.gif
), and the only good thing I can say about it is the mic. That's about it. I'd say the sound is worse than iPod earbuds *shock horror*, sounds like a broken radio. I have no idea why some "reviews" label it as good for gaming, when theres absolutely no bass or positioning/soundstage. It also makes my head hurt just wearing it, literally.

Aug 17, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 27
lmao @ the broken radio

003 @ A500 wat?? I quickly googledd it only came up with samsung celly. No headset.

EDIT - nvm i found it, its audio technica rite? Thats way over my budget, 169.99, i said 50

The issue about the e-dimensional that i read on reviews a lot is that it sux with mp3s, and i listen to mp3 too so...

Aug 17, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #7 of 27
my friend has one called the icemat siberia or something like that. i think they were about 55 bucks, he says they're good but i haven't had a chance to listen to them yet.

Aug 18, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by afg34
^^^ but i want full size, its strictly for computer use only, also im reading reviews on Sennheiser PCI50, they are pretty good.

What do you mean with fullsize? Headphones which covers the ears? You got one tip, shoudln't performance be more important than how large they are?

Aug 18, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #13 of 27
ya i mean cover /around the ear, but these look kinda cheap : http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...lr%3D%26sa%3DN.

I read a lot of reviews on the e-dimensional one, the only drawback that was mentioned was that mp3 playback quality was not that good. If anyone has tried these and had this issue??

Or if u have any suggestion for fullsize Headsets, it doesnt have to have a mic, because if it doesnt i will just get a Zalman clip-on.

Aug 18, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by afg34
ya i mean cover /around the ear, but these look kinda cheap : http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...lr%3D%26sa%3DN.

I read a lot of reviews on the e-dimensional one, the only drawback that was mentioned was that mp3 playback quality was not that good. If anyone has tried these and had this issue??

Or if u have any suggestion for fullsize Headsets, it doesnt have to have a mic, because if it doesnt i will just get a Zalman clip-on.

Hey, I have the $40 koss r80 headphones. Only problem with them is they break randomly for no reason(mainly after a few years of use). But I think koss has a good warrenty (if they do, this is a good headphone option for you imo). Other than that, for years I thought these were high-end phones. For the money you pay for it, they are as good as my $225 dt770/80
tongue.gif
I used them mainly for fps gaming, so sound location was a key, which the headphone handled well; and strong bass was a must for fun, which this headphone has plenty of. I'm pretty sure you can get it within your asking price range. They also cover your whole ear. I highly recommend these cans. Good luck
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back