looking for a budget cd player ( 100-250)
Dec 29, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #16 of 20
Okay here goes, What CD Player- both 5 CD changer and or Single CD disc changer would you recommend for use with the Stax Omega two Headphones and the Stax SRM007t amplifier??
Thanks Scottsmrnyc

Dec 29, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #17 of 20
I have a Marantz integrated amp and while I do believe Marantz make good audio stuff, but in the case of players, I was so disapointed of my last Marantz CD player (indeed a universal player) that I returned it, and will never reco any Marantz player to anybody, a lot of stupid things with that plyer, the first was that you can not change the rest of the CDs while it was playing one, that was so absurd...

Get a Sony they are rock solid if you can find any with a heapdhone out, BTW in the first post you never stated that you need heapdhone out that was why I reco-ed the OPPO...

Dec 29, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #18 of 20
There was a thread just a couple of days ago where many people were not satisfied with the marantz, so i'll stay away from it for now....
I'm thinking maybe I should first get an amp so the options for players will include also those without headphone jacks.
Anyways, I'm considering these players:
Yamaha CDC-697 5-Disc Carousal-Type CD Changer
Sony SCDCE595 SACD/CD 5 Disc Changer
Sony CDPCE375 CD Player - 5 Disc Changer
Onkyo DX-C390 Audiophile-Grade CD Player
Marantz CC 4001 5-Disc CD Changer ( Maybe, I need to see if it's similar to the 5001, in which case it will be excluded)
Denon DCM-290 5-disc carousel changer -
Denon DCM-390 5-disc carousel changer
Cambridge Audio 340C Single Disc CD Player
Oppo 980
I haven't had time to look into each player specifically as I've been super busy, so the list is based on price only. I will do some research as soon as I get time.
thanks to everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 29, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #19 of 20
I think the Cambridge Audio has good feedback but usually the higher model numbers. Not sure about the 340C. I was almost buying one of those 300 disc Sony changers for $75 but after reading so many horror stories on the quality,skipping & not even playing in some slots, I gave up on it. I used to have a very old Sony 5 disc changer from the 80's but sold it years ago. It did work fine but at times the cd did skip or get stuck or almost lost one time near the back!

Dec 31, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by serpico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was almost buying one of those 300 disc Sony changers for $75 but after reading so many horror stories on the quality,skipping & not even playing in some slots, I gave up on it. I used to have a very old Sony 5 disc changer from the 80's but sold it years ago. It did work fine but at times the cd did skip or get stuck or almost lost one time near the back!

I had a 555ES megadisc changer years ago and it would occasionally have issues. Typing in all the CD names was also an incredibly tedious act, and in some rare instances they would erase if the power went out. There's a lot that can go wrong, so unless they are barely used I would pass. Sound quality was decent, nothing spectacular, but better than average consumer gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back