Looking for $100 IEMs
Jul 16, 2008 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

RobLikesBrunch

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,

I've been reading reviews, trying to find the best earphones for about $100.

The best I've found so far seem to be the Jays d-Jays. You can find a review here:

Jays d-JAYS Earphones | iLounge

(I also found the d-Jays for only $60...so that's a plus)

I've read about the V-moda Vibe, but they seem to break often, and be of poor quality, so I'm evading them.

I don't want those $99 Shure E2c-ns earphones- they're too large!

Any recommendations, or should I go ahead with the d-Jays? The q-Jays look even better...I may be able to shell out the extra cash if any of you know where I can get them relatively cheaper than on most stores...$200 is too much :p

Thanks for all your help.

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$100 IEM's..Head-Direct RE2's?

The best value all-round IEM's for $100 (unless you want a crapload of bass).

Yeah, that's great. I hate a ton of bass. Looking into the head-direct's now. Thanks
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 13
Good decision. You won't regret it. They sound far better than $100, I can assure you. People here have said it's slightly better at the highs than the ER6i's, which retail for ~$170.

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Good decision. You won't regret it. They sound far better than $100, I can assure you. People here have said it's slightly better at the highs than the ER6i's, which retail for ~$170.

I just looked at those....they seem like they go really far into your ear. These are earphones I want to use daily from and to school, with those, it seems like I won't be able to hear anything and they also seem like a bit of a pain to get in.

I'm looking more for practicality over sound :p That's why I'm still considering the d-Jays :p

However, I obviously don't own them, and if this isn't the case, I'm open to getting them. They're also $95 @ Amazon, so they're within my price range. I just want something better....Apple earphones suck..can't even tell the difference between 128kbps and 320kbps o.O

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #7 of 13
They're real easy to get in and the default large bifangle tips seal your ear perfectly.
Just need to make sure though with any IEM that you get a solid seal or else SQ will suffer, mostly in bass.

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

They're real easy to get in and the default large bifangle tips seal your ear perfectly.
Just need to make sure though with any IEM that you get a solid seal or else SQ will suffer, mostly in bass.

Ok, ER-6is it is
biggrin.gif

I'll probably use the foam tips, rather than the silicon bifangles :S

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobLikesBrunch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, ER-6is it is
biggrin.gif

I'll probably use the foam tips, rather than the silicon bifangles :S

I was refering to the RE2's but hey......!!!

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobLikesBrunch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok...I ordered the ER-6is....if anyone has a huge problem with this...I can always cancel (if there's something better) XD

Let the order stand and enjoy the earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back