Looking at the Sony UDA1/S amp/dac
Jul 29, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #16 of 60
Did you ever find a 240v in black? I'm looking for the same thing.

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #17 of 60
I am interested in built-in speaker amp - can you guys just check out one thing for me ?

Is the ground (-) of each channel common or separated ? you can easily check this out using resistance meter between right '-' and left '-' or just continuity meter when the unit's power cord is unplugged. If its something about 0 ohms its common ground (short). Very important info for me, thanks a lot in advance guys !

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #21 of 60
Quote:
  Just got my in today.  Just tested it with a iPad Air hook up to the front USB port and it works fine.

Thanks! This unit is now on my list of possibilities as a DAC. May I ask what headphones or amp you're running off of the UDA-1? I'm thinking of pairing this with a Black Widow amp, since that's an SE amp that's solid-state, and is pretty much end-game quality. Everything I've read sounds like this'll be a good pairing for neutral/uber-detailed headphones like the HD800 or the K712.

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #22 of 60
  Quote:

Thanks! This unit is now on my list of possibilities as a DAC. May I ask what headphones or amp you're running off of the UDA-1? I'm thinking of pairing this with a Black Widow amp, since that's an SE amp that's solid-state, and is pretty much end-game quality. Everything I've read sounds like this'll be a good pairing for neutral/uber-detailed headphones like the HD800 or the K712.

Not running an external amp with it atm.  I might try hooking it up to my WA7 later just to see how it sounds.  Currently using the K7XX and also tested a bit with the K553 Pro (the HD650 is not here atm).  On the K7XX it's definitely neutral sounding but also a bit flatter then I like compare to the WA7.  Also soundstage felt a bit smaller coming from the WA7.  On the K553 Pro the only really noticeable difference I could tell was probably it sounded more fuller on it compare to my Note 4.

The build quality feels great though my pet peeve would be the cheap feeling remote.  I really can't complain with what I pay for it though.  :)

Aug 11, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #23 of 60
Did you guys catch this unit for $200 shipped plus tax? I just got mine in the mail and I think my Audio-GD NFB-12 is gonna go up for sale =) 

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #25 of 60
  Did you guys catch this unit for $200 shipped plus tax? I just got mine in the mail and I think my Audio-GD NFB-12 is gonna go up for sale =) 

Yup, I did. :)  Quite a steal for what your getting.  Wish the speaker amp section was a bit beefier though.

wow, guys, where did you get it for $200? was it the already sold-out slickdeals deal?

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #26 of 60
Woot! a couple weeks ago. At $200 for a Burr-Brown DAC, w/Optical, Co-Axial, 2x USB connections, 16/24/32 bit PCM, DSD, speaker amp for desktop speakers, etc. -- quite a bargain. Listening to some DMB on Beyers...very nice!

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #27 of 60
thanks for the answer. too bad they usually won't ship to europe, and you guys have 110v electrics in the us while it's 220v in europe. still eyeing those sites, for $200, it's a bargain indeed.

Sep 24, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #28 of 60
I too got the $200 w00t deal. It's now powering my K7XX and some cheap Monoprice bookshelf speakers in my office at work. I can't imagine finding a better deal for a BB DAC coupled with the inputs, headphone amp and amp. It's certainly not a powerful amp in the grand scheme of things, but it does the job quite well.

Question: has anyone used this as a preamp? I ask because a friend wants to lend me his Parasound Halo A21 to test out. If I like it he's willing to let it go for around a grand. My only issue is that I currently don't own a preamp. I've been using the Creative X7 for both my bedroom and living room listening, and its volume knob is digital. Eventually I'd like to grab a Parasound Halo P5 for my living room, but I was thinking of moving my current receiver to the bedroom, pulling the X7, and using this with the A21. Is that a doable move?

Oct 1, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #29 of 60
FYI, the driver does not support OSX 10.11 El Capitan. I tried to speak to Sony, but they are useless. I think your only option will be to run mini toslink > toslink in the interim.

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #30 of 60
If anyone else on OSX is having issues with the driver, please email sony using this link! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back