Look what just arrived!!! -------v
Jan 3, 2003 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
RKV001.JPG

RKV002.JPG

[size=medium]WOOHOO, let the musical bliss begin!!!![/size]
Review forthcoming!!

Jan 3, 2003 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 76
Very nice, Doug, congrats!......please post your impressions with the CD3Ks. My Impedanzer is still out there somewhere, so I've only been listening to the RKV with high impedance 'phones. Not that I mind, though.
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2003 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 76
SIE -

The RKV is a real beauty. And the performance matches the looks, too. Hope it is has good synergy with your Sony's.

BTW, are you planning on taking it with you out of the country? If not, I know a nice shelf where it will stay nice and warm this winter
very_evil_smiley.gif

Congrats and enjoy!

-j

Jan 3, 2003 at 5:00 AM Post #6 of 76
Thanks for all the kind words guys!! I plan on posting some thoughts on how it sounds really soon, but to give a little heads up as to what it sounds like with the Sony's:

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I give it the big 5 headphones up for sound quality so far. Blows away everything and anything I've heard so far by a decent margin. Not that the amp is perfect...... but more on that later!!

Jan 3, 2003 at 5:28 AM Post #8 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I give it the big 5 headphones up for sound quality so far. Blows away everything and anything I've heard so far by a decent margin. Not that the amp is perfect...... but more on that later!!

told ya you'd like it.
biggrin.gif

glad to hear you're enjoying the amp and i am eager to read more reviews of it soon.

Jan 3, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #10 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
told ya you'd like it.
biggrin.gif

You were totally correct about how good this thing sounds, and I'm extremely thankful for those who reco'd this amp, and that I finally took the plunge and bought both the amp and the Sony cans!!

Quote:

glad to hear you're enjoying the amp and i am eager to read more reviews of it soon.

I am waiting until the ICs burn-in some before I post too much of an opinion on them. I am also using the stock power cords until the next package arrives with the new power cords!! That will be one fun day!!!

Jan 3, 2003 at 5:51 AM Post #11 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Total class! Have fun with it!

What kind of cables are those?

.5m VD Nites!!

Jan 3, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #12 of 76
man, those are pretty. you are one lucky son of a gun
biggrin.gif
i guess you are not missing the melos, right? i'll be looking for your review. enjoy.

Jan 3, 2003 at 6:39 AM Post #13 of 76
Jan is getting a new glass cover for this beauty, with holes to improve the heat dissipation for free, keep in touch with him, it will add a new look, even when i preffer it this way, more safety for the tubes from kids or curious!!! let me know how this will sound with "ours" CD3000

Jan 3, 2003 at 6:51 AM Post #14 of 76
Quote:

Originally posted by jpelg
BTW, are you planning on taking it with you out of the country? If not, I know a nice shelf where it will stay nice and warm this winter
very_evil_smiley.gif

Congrats and enjoy!

-j

Jpelg,

You bet this thing has a nice, warm, padded place in my best piece of luggage to make it's little journey from here to Ecuador. I'm sure it will get all kinds of tossed around in-flight, so I'll make sure it gets all the accoutrements is needs to arrive safely!!

Sorry about taking it as I'm sure that shelf will be lonely without the amp!!!

Jan 3, 2003 at 7:02 AM Post #15 of 76
absolutely gorgeous amp

enjoy your new toy doug.
do you always drag all your gear with you in your Equador--US trips? do you just shove them in the suitcases, or ever thought about using guncases or pelican cases for protection?

i really with that amps were NOT made of this calliber and appearance, b/c now i really want one. if they were ugly, at least i could try to convince myself i dont *need* them all a little more easily...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back