look what i found while walking around the mall!
Oct 21, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by choariwap
i was walking around at a mall when i suddenly saw these:
dsc00104mt7.jpg

i was shocked.. wasnt expecting to see K1Ks in my country, much less an ordianry mall. its a pretty old pair, 6xxx serial. they looked dirty and even had a bit of old masking tape on the xlr jack. the horror! blasphemy!

with heart racing i went in to liberate it from its miserable glass prison, but alas, it was not for sale... a display unit. so with a heavy heart i walked away, but determined to find a way to set it free.

it seemed to say, no dont leave me! take me away from this horrible place! as i looked at it from outside the shop.

how do thes display units work anyway? are they on loan from akg or can the dealers do whatever they want with them? since they're discontinued and the dealer doesnt seem to care about them, it doesnt do him any good. selling them would be a better move for him. right?
wink.gif

where did you spot this?
hmm.. is this in greenhills?

btw, if ever you get to persuade the owner to sell it, what would you do with the extra pair?
k1000smile.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #17 of 20
make up a story about why you want it so badly - like it's your father's favorite headphone and he lost his and you want to get him a gift, or you like the way they look, or something that will not give away their value...

don't worry about the cables...you can always get them recabled. make sure the drivers look okay.

Oct 21, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #18 of 20
If you do get them and decide that you don't need 2 k1ks, we could meet up somewhere in the Philippines and you could sell them to me
k1000smile.gif

Oct 22, 2006 at 1:51 PM Post #19 of 20
it is with a heavy heart that i report that the K1Ks have moved on to a better place.

it was in very poor shape, the headband was grimy, the jack had a lot of funk on it and was heavily scratched. they didnt even have the tail end anymore. i forgot to bring mine, but looking at it, i wouldnt have plugged my tail end to that jack.

there was also evidence of it being opened in the past as they did not screw the frame back properly. the store guy said it had been sent in for servicing. apparently poor servicing at that.

i think they would have sold it if it still worked, the guy took it down and was baout to demo it for me.

it may still work though, so for anyone looking for a cheap k1000, head on down to park square 1 in makati, 5th avenue electronics. you'll need to show it a lot of love to restore it to its former glory.

ps. you'll have to bring your own 4 pin xlr tail end to test it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back