look what i found while walking around the mall!
Oct 21, 2006 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

choariwap

100+ Head-Fier
i was walking around at a mall when i suddenly saw these:
dsc00104mt7.jpg

i was shocked.. wasnt expecting to see K1Ks in my country, much less an ordianry mall. its a pretty old pair, 6xxx serial. they looked dirty and even had a bit of old masking tape on the xlr jack. the horror! blasphemy!

with heart racing i went in to liberate it from its miserable glass prison, but alas, it was not for sale... a display unit. so with a heavy heart i walked away, but determined to find a way to set it free.

it seemed to say, no dont leave me! take me away from this horrible place! as i looked at it from outside the shop.

how do thes display units work anyway? are they on loan from akg or can the dealers do whatever they want with them? since they're discontinued and the dealer doesnt seem to care about them, it doesnt do him any good. selling them would be a better move for him. right?
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 20
i'm pretty sure its functional, it has drivers in it and i could faintly see the PCB and little knick knacks inside the mesh.

some local sites have mentioned an old pair of display AKGs doing the rounds in meets, it could very well be this pair.

off to go sleuthing for the manager's contact info
smily_headphones1.gif

that dummy head looks very happy though... trust the k1000s to make even a plastic head have eargasms
k1000smile.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 20
Get out your bribe money - slip the manager a few nice Benjamins, grab and run!

Oct 21, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #6 of 20
step 1) go to bank
step 2) withdraw ~$1200
step 3) go to store and haggle. Lay the cash ON THE TABLE in front of the store manager as you haggle the price down... $500, $600...etc...

Good Luck!! hope he's not a head-fi er'

Oct 21, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 20
there is no reason to keep it on display since they don't sell them anymore! offer them something, and have them throw in the head and the AKG sign too!

Oct 21, 2006 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
step 1) go to bank
step 2) withdraw ~$1200
step 3) go to store and haggle. Lay the cash ON THE TABLE in front of the store manager as you haggle the price down... $500, $600...etc...

Good Luck!! hope he's not a head-fi er'

sounds like a plan
k1000smile.gif
operation liberty commences tomorrow.

wish me luck guys
smily_headphones1.gif

they really should sell it, if it were a dog, the SPCA would be all over their a**es! the pads are all smooshed up against that dummy head too! oohhhhh the blasphemy of it all!

Oct 21, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #11 of 20
uhhh..ix nay on the women's lingerie store... there aren't any close by
evil_smiley.gif

there are only some gadget shops and other proaudio stores.

come to think of it, they might not even have the box...or the tail end cable for that matter! better bring one to test if it still works, the poor thing.

Oct 21, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #12 of 20
Oct 21, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by choariwap
sounds like a plan
k1000smile.gif

wish me luck guys
smily_headphones1.gif

they really should sell it, if it were a dog, the SPCA would be all over their a**es! the pads are all smooshed up against that dummy head too! oohhhhh the blasphemy of it all!

You definitely must liberate them
k1000smile.gif

Offer cash + some audio item not easily attainable in the Philippines...iGrado's maybe?
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #14 of 20
Starting with an offer that high would suggest to the store people that they have something worth more that they thought. You gotta begin lower - and after all, you can't be positive they will function. .............it could also simply be they don't have a proper amp/connection for them and are, therefore, useless to THEM - and know no better.

get some friends and do the 2nd dance if you win.........and the ever-popular Elaine dance if you are a loser
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by choariwap
sounds like a plan
k1000smile.gif

wish me luck guys
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL
600smile.gif

Good luck!!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back