*Look-Out* eBay warning HP-1,HP-2,HF-1
Jun 25, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #31 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who has admitted to bidding on an item they don't intend to buy?

think i just did...
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #32 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yelp...
i am always sad when i see the hf-1 on ebay but i dont think tuberoller cares..

so i just jacked up the hp2 auction for everyone in this thread bitchin..

Billy, will you please not bid on the headphones if you don't intend to purchase them.

Todd can complain about the HF-1 auction when he comes here at the end of the month
biggrin.gif
. But you're correct......I don't care. Besides, I need the money to get a vasectomy, you know they're gonna charge me double
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #33 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Billy, will you please not bid on the headphones if you don't intend to purchase them.

Todd can complain about the HF-1 auction when he comes here at the end of the month
biggrin.gif
. But you're correct......I don't care. Besides, I need the money to get a vasectomy, you know they're gonna charge me double
biggrin.gif

I "intend" but then I forgot to "to" buy....

come on $500 rite now for the hp's..hell I will throw in one weekend of drinks for free!!!

hehe
icon10.gif

I will even bring in guiness for you!

Jun 25, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #34 of 70
I wish you guys luck!
Cause as usual these special Grado auctions are advertised on head-Fi, which tend to drive the price even higher...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #35 of 70
What was the HF-1? How good are they?

Jun 25, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #36 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is more upsetting because the OP wants the "hate or flame" PMs or replies. He posted this both to share the information and to laugh at the uproar of complaints that some people have towards his actions. This was more entertainment for him than for "the good" of head-fi.

Didn't I already say this guy was trolling?

Jun 25, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #37 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by varro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad they only ship to USA.

Exactly!!

Man, those things just kill me!

Jun 26, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #39 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can show me an ad that gets put up and then closed in 5 minutes, do post it up.

Ebay ads generally run 4-6 days. If you're in the market for any of those headphones and havent' checked ebay within that time, you aren't really looking for it.

x2

Jun 26, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #40 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
. Besides, I need the money to get a vasectomy, you know they're gonna charge me double
biggrin.gif

Make sure they provide a mirror so you can watch the procedure, quite entertaining
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #41 of 70
Why shouldn't threads like this be posted?

You should THANK him. Since it gives head-fi members a chance to bid on great headphones which they might not have known about.

This whole exclusive used market is complete crap. People want to keep the market artificially high when they selling, but complain when they have competition to buy a item.

DEAL WITH IT!

Jun 26, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #43 of 70
I don't see what the problem is with giving a heads up. If it jacks up the prices, then so be it...its supply and demand. Stop being pissed off about "not getting a deal" and put your money where your mouth is if you want them that bad.

Jun 26, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #44 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many people are not serious enough about buying - until they see a head-fi thread - and suddenly they take a look and bid. Call it a repressed or serendipitously nascent desire. The net result is a negative to the more concerned individual who has been doing searches each and every week, hoping to find a given item. As a bidder who has won a fairly sought after pair of 'phones - I resent these gratuitous intrusions on the bidding process and sincerely wish such threads would result repercussions for the o.p.'s on Head-Fi.

* notes the rich irony of someone operating under the moniker BushGuy calling for sanctions under a free-market economy *

Jun 26, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #45 of 70
Pardon the naive question-- if ebay sellers are for coveted headphones like these are more often than not members of the headfi community, why don't seekers post WTB ads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back