*Look-Out* eBay warning HP-1,HP-2,HF-1
Jul 3, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #62 of 70
more importantly... why?

Jul 3, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #63 of 70
He lives off the hatred
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #64 of 70
People who pull this kind of crap should DIAF. I really feel for you guys trying to win an auction. No one is trying to fleece anyone, but then some ****** comes along and drive-by causes the market to fluctuate artificially. And why? Because they rule! Trolling is cool!

As for the HF-1 controversy, the controversy is that there is no controversy. The company makes the phones, a company sells the phones, you pay for the phones, and they are sent to you. End of story, you can sell them as you like, and if people pay jacked up prices, well then, trolls shouldn't be promoting the auctions then, should they?

I sold mine on ebay when I became a persona non grata here (not the reason I was selling). I had tried selling them here but was getting ridiculous low ball offers (but for one which was what I paid, and I only got that offer after the auction went live). The buyer on ebay was a Grado collector and he paid..shock-horror, what I paid. If John Grado feels fleeced there, then he shouldn't be making a tangible product that people buy and, then therefore can sell. I know, it was a limited edition, and everyone of merit that ordered had every intention of keeping them. Real life happens though, ya know? One would think business owners would be aware of how that works.... just sayin'.

As for the other Grado cans. Come on, there's no vested interest in the OP of seeing these go to headfiers. This reminds me of the good ole days when every d77 auction was reported here.
very_evil_smiley.gif

At some sites, you get the banhammer for this kind of stuff. I guess the OP was just looking online for a good old fashioned bar brawl.

Jul 6, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #66 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the HF-1 controversy, the controversy is that there is no controversy. The company makes the phones, a company sells the phones, you pay for the phones, and they are sent to you. End of story, you can sell them as you like, and if people pay jacked up prices, well then, trolls shouldn't be promoting the auctions then, should they?
I sold mine on ebay when I became a persona non grata here (not the reason I was selling). I had tried selling them here but was getting ridiculous low ball offers (but for one which was what I paid, and I only got that offer after the auction went live). The buyer on ebay was a Grado collector and he paid..shock-horror, what I paid. If John Grado feels fleeced there, then he shouldn't be making a tangible product that people buy and, then therefore can sell. I know, it was a limited edition, and everyone of merit that ordered had every intention of keeping them. Real life happens though, ya know? One would think business owners would be aware of how that works.... just sayin'.

when i've spoken to john about the hf-1s i never got any sense of anger or disappointment from him. i've not sure that that's another head-fi myth. that said i'd prefer to see these stay within the community when possible. it appears tuberoller actually did better selling on the 'bay then he might have done here. c'est la vie.

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #67 of 70
Myth busted then. I've read countless times how he seemingly cried himself to sleep about it.
biggrin.gif

"I want the HF-1 to go to a head-fier so I'm going to blab about it to the world and really jack up the price even more." Yeah, real smooth. I bet it was a bit of headached for Tubes, since now your little auction is in the eye of an internet storm, and it's aggro you don't really need.

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #69 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellenback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too busy trying to figure out "Bump" "OP" and a whack of other code around here to free up my head and say something profound about 1K+$ phones and who "deserves" them!
rolleyes.gif

'bump' is a way to get something to the top of the list so it's more easily noticed.
'OP' = original poster
"fs"= for sale (see below)
any other questions?

oh, in case there was a misunderstanding plainsong, i was not in favor of what the OP did. i wish tr had put these up fs here rather than on ebay, but it looks like he did better financially by going that route (hence ' c'est la vie '....).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back