Long-time Head-Fi'ers: I just found out we lost RickG last year.
Jun 26, 2008 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30
For you long-time Head-Fi'ers who might remember him from the forums, I found out very belatedly that Head-Fi Member/Moderator RickG passed away last year, July 18, 2007. He had become ill, and he had contacted the other Moderators to tell us that. After he'd told us, his visits became fewer and farther between. I don't know what made me think about him today, but I did, and searched for him online, only to find a death notice for him from last July. I was saddened to read of his loss, and also that I didn't know at the time of it, as I'd have liked to have sent flowers to his service for his family from his friends here.

For those of you who met him or talked to him on the phone, you knew he was a slow-talking Californian with a Texas drawl. Though I knew he was originally from Texas from our phone conversations (I never met him in person), it was upon reading his obituary that I found out that he was essentially a lifelong Texan who ended up in California in the late 90's.

From our conversations, I knew he was a very spiritual man, so, if you're the praying type (and especially if you remember him from these forums), please do say a prayer for him. And whether or not you're the praying type, play some music in his memory (Rick was an accomplished professional musician), and maybe raise a glass of something good in honor of him (I've got a Guinness here for that).

Good night, Rick. Thanks for all you did here. This one's for you, man.

b.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 30
R.I.P. Rick!
You are and will be missed.
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 12:44 PM Post #7 of 30
Wow, I remember him, always a nice guy and very sensible. You will be missed RickG.

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #8 of 30
Wow. You're in my prayers, Rick.

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #9 of 30
Like so many other members that drop out of sight- I figure they’ve moved on to better times.

I hope you have RickG.

rickg-411.gif

His avatar is like seeing an old friend.

Mitch

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #10 of 30
Totally remember RickG. Here's another remembrance for you.

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #13 of 30
frown.gif

RIP...

...That is the third piece of bad news in the past two days that I've had
frown.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #14 of 30
Thanks for finding that wonderful piece of music for us, Mike. By all accounts, Rick was a very modest man, so I'm sure there is a lot more where that came from that his friends and family will have to treasure forever. His legacy here at Head-Fi will not soon be forgotten either. Play on, Rick. You will be in my prayers.

Jun 26, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #15 of 30
RIP Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back