Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
Apr 18, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #2,386 of 2,910
Quote:
now i tried this way ..   dune hd base 3d -> dr hdmi (option 8) sink EDID -> dvdo quick6.     Dvdo quick6 hdmi out 1 -> projector . dvdo quick6 hdmi aux out -> realiser

= no sound on realiser.

im a beginner, i dont know how to configure it, please advice me.

i have a projector, dune hd base 3d, realiser and dr hdmi. i want to get 5.1 / 7.1 on my realiser through dune hd base 3d. im only able to get 2 channel, but other channels not seems to be working. 
please help me fix this issue. thank you.

i wonder if alienware m17x r3 , 460m gtx can output pcm 5.1/7.1 through hdmi?

Have you tried this:
dune hd base 3d -> dr hdmi (option 8) sink EDID -> Realiser

And then if that works, try this:
dune hd base 3d -> dr hdmi (option 8) sink EDID -> Realiser -> projector

I would leave out the switch for now until you can figure this out.

I think your laptop does support 7.1 output via HDMI, but it would be up to your software to decode the surround audio to LPCM. I think VLC and JRiver Media Center will do it.

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #2,387 of 2,910
m17x r3 not able to get 5.1 / 7.1 through hdmi. only stereo option available not sure whats wrong. maybe m17x r3 motherboard not support 5.1 / 7.1?  even it has dedicated graphics card. i tried upgrading driver etc.. still only stereo.

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #2,388 of 2,910
tried this dune hd base 3d -> dr hdmi (option 8) sink EDID -> Realiser

not working.  i think its the problem with dune hd base 3d.. who ever claims that dune hd base 3d workin with realiser, better prove it! 

placed my order on oppo 103. 

i heard that oppo 103 capable of decoding lpcm for external hdmi input as well.. this should be interesting.. i'll connect dune hd base 3d to oppo 103 hdmi input and  oppo hdmi output to realiser. im not sure whether cinavia works on external hdmi source.

im tired and gave up...

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #2,389 of 2,910
Quote:

not working.  i think its the problem with dune hd base 3d.. who ever claims that dune hd base 3d workin with realiser, better prove it! 

i heard that oppo 103 capable of decoding lpcm for external hdmi input as well.. this should be interesting.. i'll connect dune hd base 3d to oppo 103 hdmi input and  oppo hdmi output to realiser. im not sure whether cinavia works on external hdmi source.

im tired and gave up...

The only post I could find was this one about the Dune HD Base: http://www.head-fi.org/t/418401/long-awaited-smyth-svs-realiser-now-available-for-purchase/2325#post_9252138

Have you tried calling/e-mailing Dune? I talked to the USA Dune rep before. He was very helpful and knew exactly which products decoded to LPCM.

Maybe the Base does not work like the Dune HD Duo or Max. I have a Max and can assure you it works great AND no Cinavia. I am guessing the Oppo does have Cinavia which will be a problem for you if you want to use ripped MKV files:
http://watershade.net/wmcclain/BDP-103-faq.html#does-the-player-implement-cinavia-watermark-detection

You can also see the Cinavia notice on page 4 of the Oppo manual.

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #2,390 of 2,910
Quote:

im tired and gave up...

Sorry, I mis-read your post. I see you're trying to use the Oppo as a surround decoder. Why not just get a Dune HD Max or Duo and be done with it?

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #2,391 of 2,910
4k upscaling features on 103 oppo looks good and many other unwanted features that maybe useful. i may get a 4k tv in near future , ofc when the price drops.
i wanted to try oppo because i already have a dune product. so the base 3d becomes useless. or i have to try selling it.

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #2,392 of 2,910
now this is strange.. tried another rip with dolby digital 7.1 tracks on it, it works. it works even without dr hdmi..
so i guess DTS-HD MA multichannel tracks wont work on base 3d? because i tried about 8 different rips with dts-hd ma.. none of them output 7.1..

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #2,393 of 2,910
I have a question for anyone using an oppo bdp-105 player.  If you use the usb dac section, will it output to the realiser using HDMI?  The manual seems to suggest it outputs to analogue.  It would be nice if it did, then I could output all my music off my mac using amarra and iTunes and not have to convert everything to FLAC or WAV and keep everything digital into the realiser.

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #2,394 of 2,910
ok got this oppo 103 with me now.
tested it. all files shows "multichannel" , but on realiser , only plays left and right.
very sad. any help would be appreciated. 

and the good news that my m17x r3 460m now detects 7.1 channel on pc :) through oppo 103. 

failed again.. cannot play 7.1 through realiser.

Laptop -> input hdmi oppo 103 -> output hdmi 1 to projector , output hdmi 2 to realiser.

any help would be appreciated.

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #2,397 of 2,910
finally! got the laptop 7.1 channel working with the realiser :) 

this is what i did..

Laptop hdmi -> hdmi input realiser -> realiser output to oppo 103 hdmi input -> oppo 103 hdmi output to dvdo quick 6 hdmi input -> dvdo quick6 hdmi out 1 to projector.

now i need to find a way to fix multichannel on dune hd and oppo 103.

trying the split av option now. and update you soon.

as for the dune hd base 3d. i tried this way, 

Dune hd base 3d -> hdmi input realiser -> realiser output to oppo 103 hdmi input -> oppo 103 hdmi output to dvdo quick 6 hdmi input -> dvdo quick6 hdmi out 1 to projector.

= Failed.

only laptop succeeded.

Apr 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #2,400 of 2,910
Smyth Research and Glenn Poor's Audio Video will be hosting a Realiser demo event on Monday, May 6, starting at 6 PM.  Lorr Kramer of Smyth Research will be conducting personalized measurements and listening sessions.  There will be two Realiser setups, one in a 7.1 theater room, and one in a high-end two-channel room.  All are welcome to come and hear the Realiser.  Bring your favorite material if you like.

Refreshments including beer and wine will be served, along with snacks.

Please join us!

Here is the address and contact information:

Glenn Poor's Audio Video
1745 W. Kirby Ave.
Champaign IL 61821
217-356-5456
glennpoors@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back