London (UK) meeting.
Oct 20, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #226 of 250
Pub in Bank in an evening suits me down to the ground - work in Holborn, so piece of cake for me to get to.

Quote:
Ok well what sort of thing would suit people best?

If an informal after work mini-meet is favoured I don't mind organisaing that. There is a free-function room in a pub near Bank which we used last time - it's clean and on workday evening earlier in the week is quiet. Although there was cynicism over the suitablility of the venue before hand, all who came agreed it was absolutely fine.

If it was more of a larger weekend event I'd be fine to lend a hand but probably wouldn't have the time to take the reigns.

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #227 of 250
[size=x-small]Cool. So assuming this goes ahead, what could people bring?[/size]

[size=x-small]I have Senn HD650, AKG K702. Depending on circumstances I might have my Yamaha HP-1 orthos or they may be loaned out by then. If they are loaned out then I would likely have my Alessandro MS1000 back and possibly some beyer DT880 600ohm with closed-back mod on loan as well.[/size]

[size=x-small]I have the rare beyerdynamic ET1000/N1000 electrostat system but it needs to take its power from a power amp. [/size]

[size=x-small]If Leccy comes along, he has a power amp (and some truly superb phones too!) so Leccy if you're reading this - please come along! :-D[/size]

[size=x-small]In terms of amping I could bring the Meier Audio Corda Cantate.2, Pico Amp with Dac and necosoundlabs dual mono portable V2.[/size]

[size=x-small]I wouldn't neccesarily bring all those things as there's only so much I can carry but will certainly take anything anyone from the above people really want to hear.[/size]

[size=x-small]What about others?[/size]

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #229 of 250

Quote:

A Beyer Tesla T1 with Moon Audio Black Dragon Cable and Furutech 1/4" plug. 

Is there power available or is it predominantly portable sources?

I could bring a suitcase full but that doesn't always achieve more.

I'l be selective unless there are any requests from my kit list.  As I work in London occasionally, Bank would work for me.

Regards

Sceptre

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #231 of 250

Quote:

I'l be selective unless there are any requests from my kit list.  As I work in London occasionally, Bank would work for me.

I'd love to hear the Ed9 if you'd be happy to bring that?

What do people think about November 30th as a date? My diary is a bit cluttered up til then...

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #233 of 250
As for the proper place - I dont know London so I rely on you. I am personally open to any suggestions. I just received my MiniMAX AMP so I could take it with me. I am also going to purchase some DAC soon (most likely DacMagic or something of similar class) and could bring that with me.

[EDIT]: I might bring some headphones as well though I doubt I will buy them before the meet. If I will eventually purchase i will bring them (K701 or DT880/600ohm) but I am currently purchasing a new source so really hard to say.

Oct 21, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #234 of 250
I also have a pair of AKG 702's. But I assumed most people have heard them. 

I can bring along my Macbook pro and Apogee Duet as a source if needed.  
But If someone has a decent tube amp to pair with the T1's that would be sweet
L3000.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #235 of 250

Quote:
I'd love to hear the Ed9 if you'd be happy to bring that?

What do people think about November 30th as a date? My diary is a bit cluttered up til then...

Ed 9. No problem.

You'd be amazed how well they can be driven by my portable setup!
No need fir me to bring Mac + Duet if someone else is bringing that.  Phonitor with a CD source will be new to many though.

30th looks good but don't want to end up on the last train home with 'too much gear'.

Regards

Sceptre

Oct 22, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #237 of 250
The Dec 3rd is a friday, which is not as good as earlier in the week when the pub will be dead quiet.

I do understand the issues with an afterwork mini -meet in a place with no parking like this in terms of restrictions on what can be brought along, but I think between us we can bring enough gear that everyone will hear something new at least.

So I'll give till lunch time for anyone to seriously object to the 30th idea then post it up in its own thread.

So for the ad thread is it fair to say that:

Provisionally Attending So Far:
EddieE, Sceptre, MrQ, Anadin, BennyBoy71, Professor00179

Some provisionally confirmed gear:
Ultrasone Ed9, beyerdynamic T1, beyerdamic ET1000, HD650, K702 and more...

?

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #240 of 250
I'd be up for tues 30th Nov in Bank, I shall bring HD650s. I sent back my wee Indeed G2 hybrid valve amp unfortunately (needed the dollar - Peter at Indeed very good about it). I'm a newbie, I'm afraid so that's it, but I can bring a 13amp 4 way too.  I'd be interested in comparing the 600s with the 650s and in fact the 702 as have heard experience of neither. The HP-1s have caught my eye in e(vil)bay more than once too...
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back