London (UK) meeting.
Dec 17, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #151 of 250
Does anyone have an ipod LOD connector I can buy off them? Qables fast delivery is €77 or something stupid for the ~€2 part so I won't have it in time.
If not I'll just have an RCA cable coming out of my ipod, which might be better anyway as parafeed wouldn't have to solder the minuscule dock pins.

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #152 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If not I'll just have an RCA cable coming out of my ipod, which might be better anyway as parafeed wouldn't have to solder the minuscule dock pins.

Poor old Parafeed might not be up to it, that's for sure. No mistake, I've got flu, complete with cough and headache. About to go and lie down for an hour or two, that's how crappy I feel. Lecky, how do you feel about me turning up on Sunday? I'll understand if you'd rather I stayed away.

Dec 17, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #153 of 250
Parafeed, I've no problem with you coming, I'm sure if you're sensible about not sneezing on people it'll be fine, so more to the point see how you feel.
On another note, it looks like it might well be snowy - perhaps quite nasty to get around. I'll carry on regardless, perhaps some people might find it hard to get here if it gets bad. Anyway, this should be the first but absolutely not the last meet we'll do, so if weather gets in the way for some people, don't worry, it just means more people to meet and more kit to try next time...

edit: Parafeed, I don't really mind either way, but if you want to come but be absolutely sure to avoid passing on your flu then we have some of the face masks you see Japanese people wearing so as to avoid passing on colds - I'm afraid it might look a bit silly though (or perhaps sort of Manga cool like a white masked version of Kabeer's avatar... who knows).

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #154 of 250
To get worry for contagious in these days is like to be worry of IR taxes :wink:

BTW... given the weather condition I much prefer to reach the place by tube. So my dear CD80 will stay at home unfortunately.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #155 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by lecky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... we have some of the face masks you see Japanese people wearing so as to avoid passing on colds

LOL. Don't suppose you have a gas mask and full hazmat suit?
wink.gif
Think I might need it. I spent most of the day in bed again, coughing like a barking dog! I had hoped to punch a chassis and mount the already "built" Bijou PCB's I put to one side today, having not managed to borrow back a completed Bijou. Didn't happen. Ah well, there's always tomorrow.

Dec 19, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #156 of 250
I might not be able to make it tomorrow guys - had a long day and i'm just about to sleep. Just giving a heads up!

Dec 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #157 of 250
Hey P4Z, I've got a Sendstation LOD dock and you could connect a mini to mini or a mini to RCA. And you could use a printer cable to charge or transfer the data. I'll just bring that and you could give it a try.

Dec 19, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #158 of 250
parafeed,

probably I'm wrong but I'm the only one asking to check a Bijou and, even if I'm not, I think I can talk for the others too:
thanks for your strenuous attempt but please don't strain yourself with the Bijou and think only about resting. There will be always time to meet again.

I had the same flu last week and I know what you are going through.

Take care of yourself.

Cheers.
A

Dec 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #160 of 250
I'm subject to a persecution. Here it is again. One week after the end of the flu I'm back down with over 38cd. It seems to be a chest infection caused by the flu and I'm under antybios. There is a little chance they will start taking fever down tomorrow but at now I'm at home shivering to the core of my bones despite three sweaters and two pair of socks.
Shouldn't be contagious as, apparently, it is not a virus this time.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
A

Dec 19, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #161 of 250
oh its tomorrow! - I actually thought it was today! - good thing i didn't take that train and end up at the house :p

Well, should be able to come then. What better way to spend a sunday than to drool in awe at gear?

Dec 19, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #163 of 250
I will be bringing a Westone UM3x IEM as well, which anyone is welcome to try if they use their own tips (it has a thin stalk, so if you have any westone/shure tips, or anything with a similar thin stalk you can try your tips on this).

Dec 19, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #164 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We need Lecky to update the attending/kit lists.

I've been trying to update as we go, I think it's right according to the information I have - am I wrong?

On the IEM front I have Head Direct RE0, and I have a variety of unused tips or bring your own.

Dec 19, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #165 of 250
Apologies for the short notice but an unexpected family matter means I'm unable to attend tomorrow. Would be interested in attending future London meets though. Hope you have an enjoyable day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back