London Meet - Saturday 27th April
Mar 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #468 of 924
Quote:
And 20% off on the day...!

The meet is getting better every minute that goes by! Maybe audeze can join in also? Or hifiman? Or one of the (uk/europe based) amp manufacturers? Who are sponsers here on headfi..We dont mind! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #472 of 924
Quote:
And 20% off on the day...!

Yea, definitely. I'm actually really looking forward to this meet - I've delayed buying a few headphones and getting rid of some equipment for that to be done on the day. So much better!!

I'm not sure if I saw your response GSARider - will the ie800 be selling at the meet. I know it'll be available for a demo, but hopefully it isn't the same case here as it was in the bristol hifi show where they've got no stock to sell.

Quote:
wouldn't it be far cheaper (and convenient once in central london) to take the train?

Take the train, but book in advance. 1 month should do it. I reckon you could get decent discounts from thetrainline.com on return tickets from leeds to london. Fair enough it might be on the slower trains, but it'll still be faster than driving here. If your lucky you might get a great ticket for an intercity train to london, taking around 2 and a half hours. Smooth ride as well with them east midlands trains!

The place is pretty near london st pancras/kings cross so there's not much travelling to do apart from that.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #474 of 924
Quote:
Not sure what to bring;

my portable rig at the moment is my iPhone 4S with Pico Slim (may change to the Voyager) & Westone 4R

Here is what I could bring
Portable Amps:
RSA Hornet
Go-Vibe6 For sale
Corda Headsix For sale
iBasso P2 For sale
iBasso D1 For sale
HeadAmp Pico w/DAC
RSA SR-71A Blackbird
RSA SP-51 Mustang For sale
RSA Shadow
Pico Slim
Graham Slee Voyager

Dont want to bring them all (especially not in boxes lol ) but if anyone would like me to bring some please let me know.

Cheers

Marc

Hi Marc, I am very interested in the Shadow. It is compatibile with the J3 right?

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #476 of 924
Quote:
The meet is getting better every minute that goes by! Maybe audeze can join in also? Or hifiman? Or one of the (uk/europe based) amp manufacturers? Who are sponsers here on headfi..We dont mind! 
biggrin.gif

im pretty sure only senn are allowed to sell headphones at the meet so audeze are likely to be out, but i agree, UK based amp companies would be a great addition, perhaps graham slee could make a showing?

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #478 of 924
Quote:

Yea, definitely. I'm actually really looking forward to this meet - I've delayed buying a few headphones and getting rid of some equipment for that to be done on the day. So much better!!

I'm not sure if I saw your response GSARider - will the ie800 be selling at the meet. I know it'll be available for a demo, but hopefully it isn't the same case here as it was in the bristol hifi show where they've got no stock to sell.

Quote:
wouldn't it be far cheaper (and convenient once in central london) to take the train?

Take the train, but book in advance. 1 month should do it. I reckon you could get decent discounts from thetrainline.com on return tickets from leeds to london. Fair enough it might be on the slower trains, but it'll still be faster than driving here. If your lucky you might get a great ticket for an intercity train to london, taking around 2 and a half hours. Smooth ride as well with them east midlands trains!

The place is pretty near london st pancras/kings cross so there's not much travelling to do apart from that.

When i looked at the train prices on Saturday it was £140 approx return for an arrival time of about 10am. I just checked again, and the prices have dropped to about £60 return. As I'm intending to bring my son, the original cost at the time of my first post of £240 combined was prohibitive. Hence coming by car and parking at Brent Cross. In fact it was cheaper to come down on the Friday and stay over at Cricklewood Travel Lodge. However as the prices seem to be dropping, I'll keep an eye on them. I'd even considered Megabus, but its 4 hours each way, and I think I'd lose my sanity.  So yes, I had considered the train.

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #480 of 924
Reading through some of the posts here it is obvious there will be quite a few "young" Head-Fiers attending and I am starting to feel like an 'odd man out', is there anybody else going who is in the 50+ club?:eek:

56 :japanese_ogre:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back