London Meet - Saturday 27th April
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #421 of 924
well I'm 45 if that helps...
atsmile.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #423 of 924
Quote:
Hey!  Finally a Tera Player at a meet...could you guys please check it out and share some impressions???

(I tried the AK100 with the RWA resistor mod at the last meet I was at.  I'll wait to see if your impressions match mine.)

Yes this is one of my main reasons for going, I'm looking to get a high quality portable source. I can post up my impressions after if people are interested, bearing in mind that I have no experience with portable amps etc. as source+amp =/= portable imo!

Mar 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #428 of 924
I am am from the good wine year 1967
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #431 of 924
Quote:
I'm afraid it does matter, you will have to take my lecture on how you young folk don't know you were born and how it was amazing when the first Walkman came out...
biggrin.gif

Yep that were the days..no laptops..the crt pc screens were monochrome..and had  intel 286's intels inside..windows was not introduced yet...it was msdos or pcdos..no microsoft  also..u had lotus quattro and 20/20 for sheets software and ibm software..for office suites.. u were lucky the screen was green-black.and .u even got 256mb as memory..gpu had an enormous 64 mb! and damn that was huge!...mobile phones were as big and heavy  u needed to be a body builder to take the battery with u also..no bluetooth also..u had leave ur car for at least 2 days to get a fixed carkit installed between ur seats...remember that?..nocdplayers..u had multi kilos of equipment to have even decent sounding rigs with ur lp's...the most innovative thing in those days were 3-headed casseteplayers with automatic reverse and monitor function.and motorized ejection function..and remote control..and variable bias control ( i. Still have on..see my pics!)..yep those were the days..so youngters..hit the books..we oldies are going to test ya..
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #434 of 924
Quote:
Yep this was my first mobile phone, I thought it was so cool...calls on the move....!

Yep..i know..but the battery pack was like a ton..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back