London Meet - Saturday 27th April
Feb 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #211 of 924
I should add that Axell Grell has confirmed 100% that he'll be coming over from Germany for the meet. I've also asked for a substantial rafflle prize from Sennheiser and hope to let you all know soon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Getting there bit by bit...!

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #212 of 924
Quote:
You're 100% correct! However their pouches are also excellent for IEM's...I should know I have one! They're a small UK based company and deserve to do well in this market.

Fair enough
smile.gif

That's one impressive looking hotel!  It does present a dilema though - the two night minimum booking is over £300 for a single.  Is anyone else planning to stay a night?  Want to share a twin room? (I have to warn you that I snore sometimes...) If you're not staying what are you planning to do with your gear while at the pub??  So many questions!

Feb 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #215 of 924
Quote:

Fair enough
smile.gif

That's one impressive looking hotel!  It does present a dilema though - the two night minimum booking is over £300 for a single.  Is anyone else planning to stay a night?  Want to share a twin room? (I have to warn you that I snore sometimes...) If you're not staying what are you planning to do with your gear while at the pub??  So many questions!

I booked via booking.com which does allow a single night stay. Booked a dbl room as my wife will be staying over with me. There are other hotels nearby too.

Feb 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #216 of 924
Quote:
TCR is a shadow of it's former self.
frown.gif
Mostly computer and electronic tat shops. O'Brien's still going strong.

Its true, there is also Shasonics which is one of the only places in the UK to try before you buy.

Feb 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #217 of 924
Quote:
I booked via booking.com which does allow a single night stay. Booked a dbl room as my wife will be staying over with me. There are other hotels nearby too.

Thanks - as I was on that site the last single sold.  Was that someone from here by any chance?
biggrin.gif

I booked for two people in a twin room so if anyone is up for sharing on the Saturday night let me know.

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #218 of 924

GSARider + 1 Bringing: MacBook Pro Retina, Fiio E17, Fiio E09K, HDVD800 (If bought in time) Amperiors x 2 (1 x Custom Cable), IE80 (Toxic Silver Poison), HD800

(Toxic Copper).

EddieE

Naimless

Zenpunk : MDAC + Topping TP60 or Little Dot MKVI+ (if coming with a car) + HD700, HE6, JVC DX1000, Sony XBA40, JVC FXZ200, PFE232.

Julian H : Macbook Pro with ALAC's, Nuforce Async USB DAC SE, Fiio E11, iPod Classic 160gb with ALAC's, Grado 325is, iGrado and Beyer DT1350's

JR41

Suicidal Orange

Proedros

Somnambulist

hifimanrookie

Daniel Hokkaido + 1

Tangster Bringing: FiiO E07K, Topping D1, IE80(taped), XBA-3, Phonak PFE112, Goldring DR150(possibly also MarkL D5000 and/or A900X)

KElyas

Cakensaur Bringing: AKG Q701, Modded Grado sr80i

Louis940 Bringing: Beyer DT990 250 Pro, Digizoid ZO2

Cakes

Negura

Corate

MarkyB16

MaxD

Musicday

Nulliverse

Jay567

Jimbob747 (tbc)

Shipsupt

Spakka

Takeanidea sony d e 555 portable cd player with cds slee novo headphone amp hd800s denon ahd2000's Samsung galaxy note 2 with 64 gig card sony xba 4ip fischer audio dba 02 mk 2s shure ec5cs ue triple fi 10s monster gratitudes imod 5.5 with rsa the hornet & ibasso heron amps

Voodoo Chile: Arcam alpha 8 cd player, Fidelity Audio HPA-100 amp, HD-650's.

kryten123

Musicdiddy

Joeyjojo

Swimsonny - HiFiMAN HE-500 - Sennheiser HD580 - Lots of IEMs - Lots of Portable amps - Rhapsodio Stuff - Effect Audio Cables - Check profile For More Details!

Big-Man

Uprightman

Damianryan

Granty1988

DrHouse

SamHedges

Kabeer

Jesusguy

Bolampau

Gofre

Biesas

Apmusson

CantScareme

MrQ

Davedog (tbc)

Super Snorlax

Leonardo BVB

Bandeira (tbc)

Rocketron

Threek

Syntheticfish

Krismusic

Rightclick/Scissors

Sceptre

Type35: Creative Aurvana Live, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, AKG K702, HRT MS2+

E3SEL + 2

Ste

Edopix
Nixon- Heir Audio 4.Ai
Benashraf

Trade Attending:

Sennheiser

Custom Cable

Oscar Audio

Toxic Cables

Wilkins Pouches
Head-Fi.org would like to say thank you
to our site Sponsors!

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #219 of 924
How is source material being dealt with? Is it just use the music/source of the person who brings the equipment?

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #225 of 924
Quote:
Nearly there on the booking, just trying to decide if the room will be big enough, it is rated for 50 people and as we have 24 already, we need to be sure we get somewhere with enough capacity. So it would be good to get as many commitments as early as possible.

dont know if i said it already...but count me in!!! anyone else from the mainland going to london?
wink.gif

oops just saw me on the long list...

i will be taking my he500 with me and my hm602 dap...pityfull my 337 is far to heavy to take with me on plane! i will take my toxic cables black widows 22awg also with me...hope i will get my new toxic ones before i arrive. SO FRANK IF U READ THIS...PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back