Logitech X 540 or Asus Cine5?
Jun 23, 2010 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

578xxx

New Head-Fier
[size=medium]Hi guys, I would like to purchase a set of real 5 channel speaker system and my budget is under $150. And according to my own survey, there are two models lasting for my final choice: Logitech X 540 and Asus Cine5, has any of you used these two products? Please share some comments by this weekend (becuz I will act on this Sunday)[/size]

[size=medium]Also note that my study room is not very large so I’m hesitate about getting many bulky speakers like X540, but in the meantime still wondering how Cine5’s surround and bass sounds like. Could anyone kindly provide some idea? Thanks in advance.[/size]

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #4 of 6
using my logiteck z-3 for about 3 years,all i can say that logitech are great  and they sound just as they were new,and i wasnt easy on them at all.....

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #6 of 6
It really depends if you have room to put the x540 beside/behind you. 5.1 is mixed for rear channels directly beside the listener or up to 20 degrees to the back. I have my x540 on the walls of my small room slightly behind me and they work well, I watched a 1080p mkv rip with 5.1 surround this week and it was nice. For stereo/music the asus might have nicer sound but for surround I have no idea how it could make it sound like there is something behind you.

I haven't taken the time but I think that if you EQ the output with them you could get them to sound quite a bit better. Bass is boomy but is present from 50hz all the way to 150hz. There is a huge output drop between 150hz and 500hz playing a sine wave because there is no midrange driver. Everything after that is linear enough for me all the way over 17khz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back