Logitech UE6000
Jan 24, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #16 of 366
Confirmed. I took the ue6k to the store and we tried 2 other samples. Same result on the fiio e17.

However, after much listening, i've concluded that the sound signature i not for me. :xf_eek: back it went to the store. Still. Good headphone but it was just not for me.

Sigh. Well, its back to the hunt for me.

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 366
Confirmed. I took the ue6k to the store and we tried 2 other samples. Same result on the fiio e17.

However, after much listening, i've concluded that the sound signature i not for me. :xf_eek: back it went to the store. Still. Good headphone but it was just not for me.

Sigh. Well, its back to the hunt for me.
What kind of music do u listen to

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #20 of 366
To each his own as it is with this hobby i guess. Had the ath m50 on all day today and i enjoyed them.

I disagree with your assessment of the m50, but as this is a ue6k thread i shall say no more. :cool:

It IS a good headphone (ue6k), that i can say. Theyre just not for me.

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #21 of 366
The Apple cables don't seem to talk well with amps period. To anyone else experiencing this problem, I know you like the cool blue cable but try out a straight-line (no 3 button remote) cable and I bet the amps will purr.

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #22 of 366
Forgot to mention i tried that, but the plug on the hp itself is picky. Even on the iphone cable, it did improve with proper amping. It did very well on the pan am. Didnt try it on my other amps tho.

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #24 of 366
To clarify, they are good headphones. I won't call them great but they are very, very good. As always, if you have the option of trying them out first, do it. 

Had I been able to audition them beforehand, I could have saved the effort and a bit of money! hahahaha! The iphone cable is nice. It worked out of my iphone, samsung note, laptop, and the pan am. It just didn't play nice on my E17. In the end, the sound signature was not for me - purely from a personal preference basis. 

Jan 31, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #25 of 366
I have absolutely loved mine.  Best sound I found with my iPhone 4s with Lossless tracks.  I tried the Senn Momentum, New Klipsch One, UE 9000, Bose QuietComfort 15, Incase Sonic (Great value headphone), Senn HD280, B&W P5, Denon's that were wood and $400ish I want to say, and a ton in the stores.  I find I don't have my DAC with these headphones like I do with my Triple Fi's.  No, I don't work for Logitech.....  It's kind of a pain changing batteries.  Plus, I wouldn't suggest these headphones if you have a small head or perhaps a lady.  They fit me fine but if I my head were a little smaller, they would fall off.  I had the UE 9000's and UE 6000's at the same time, and I actually liked the sound of the UE 6000's.  I know they should be the same, but the UE 6000's seemed to have more separation, and I could hear more instruments.  Of course, I lost some sound quality when I used the Bluetooth on the UE 9000's.  But, for, in my opinion, a little better sound and $200 I forewent the UE 9000's.  I would like to find a shorter three button cord for my UE 6000's, but I haven't had much luck.  The blue cord is about 52"  However, I am using the three button cord that came with my Incase Sonic, and it's about six inches shorter.  I have read about the male to male connector falling out the UE 6000's.  Can't believe that because my pair of UE 6000's and UE 9000's had a very tight fit.  The noise isolation is pretty good.  Not near us good as the Bose QuietComfort 15's, but the UE 6000's are $100 cheaper and sound a lot better in my opinion.  I know I haven't tried the $500 audiophile headphones pushed by high end equipment, but I know you'll love the UE 6000's.  

Pros
Price, Noise Isolation, No DAC needed with iPhone or Smartphone, Detachable 3 button cord, Did I say GREAT Sound???,

Cons
You have to change 2 AAA batteries which 40 hours of use - I change mine about every two weeks, but the UE 6000's still sound great without noise isolation - some music sounds better with noise isolation off, Not good for people with small heads.

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #26 of 366
QUESTION: SENNHEISER MOMENTUM versus LOGITECH UE6000

Audiophile newb. I own a Razer Carcharias, ATH M30, HD202, Triton PS3 headset. I need a replacement for my Bose QC15s as i stupidly left it on the bus last week.

Use: Listen to music while on the bus, walking to work,
Wants: Comfortable, decent quality, works without an amp (iphone, ipad)
Price range: Below $400 (live in Canada)
Musical genres: Movie OST (hans zimmer, LoTR), Anime OST, Game OST
Open/closed: idk. i used it as a hat to keep my ears warm in the winter as well
Portability and size: Must be very portable, for use when outside walking around. Would be nice to have NC

I just bought a pair of sennheiser momentums, but i find that it lacks..oomph. i mean..its clearer, but.. anyways, im considering returning the momentums unless someone can convince me that i should stick with it

Opinions? its abit difficult to try out the Logitech UE6000 here in canada..at least in my small town.

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #27 of 366
Quote:

Audiophile newb. I own a Razer Carcharias, ATH M30, HD202, Triton PS3 headset. I need a replacement for my Bose QC15s as i stupidly left it on the bus last week.

Portability and size: Must be very portable, for use when outside walking around. Would be nice to have NC

I just bought a pair of sennheiser momentums, but i find that it lacks..oomph. i mean..its clearer, but.. anyways, im considering returning the momentums unless someone can convince me that i should stick with it

Opinions? its abit difficult to try out the Logitech UE6000 here in canada..at least in my small town.

The UE6000 and 9000 has pretty sub-par build quality considering the UE brand name. I feel like you should keep your Momentum, with the noise cancelling on, instrumentals/soundtrack/BGM is quite possibly the last thing I'd use the UE's for. Or maybe try out the Sony MDR-1R. 

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #28 of 366

Don't listen to them dude get the ue 6000 I got em and they're more than awesome escpesially with a good amp for added clarity, the build quality is spot on and I mean it. Probably the best cans for the money. Ps get the white ones you definetly won't regret it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back