Logitech UE6000
Aug 11, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #181 of 366
Hello guys,

I am just going to ask whether this would be a good choice to me. I am looking for a new portable headphone to bring in school because my iems fell apart and now looking to replace them( i am not opting to replace it with another iem because with my experience now i can't seem to find a proper fit).

My number one choice right now are the V-moda XS but since the UE 6000s are at a great price right now it will be a mistake if i just overlook it.

I also came from the Skullcandy Aviators (old version), really appreciated them, and they are my only reference for headphone preference. So I hope they will compare to the aviators.

I will also be driving this off of my Ipod touch 5th generation

Here are some questions running at the top of my mind:
1. Are these portable enough to bring to school?

2.Are they durable enough to be put in my backpack with the case on?

3.Will they isolate noise well in my school bus?

4.Are these comfortable?( I know this is really subjective but please can you describe your experience with it like the ergonomics of it in your opinion)

Any help is appreciated.

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #182 of 366
  Hello guys,

I am just going to ask whether this would be a good choice to me. I am looking for a new portable headphone to bring in school because my iems fell apart and now looking to replace them( i am not opting to replace it with another iem because with my experience now i can't seem to find a proper fit).

My number one choice right now are the V-moda XS but since the UE 6000s are at a great price right now it will be a mistake if i just overlook it.

I also came from the Skullcandy Aviators (old version), really appreciated them, and they are my only reference for headphone preference. So I hope they will compare to the aviators.

I will also be driving this off of my Ipod touch 5th generation

Here are some questions running at the top of my mind:
1. Are these portable enough to bring to school?

2.Are they durable enough to be put in my backpack with the case on?

3.Will they isolate noise well in my school bus?

4.Are these comfortable?( I know this is really subjective but please can you describe your experience with it like the ergonomics of it in your opinion)

Any help is appreciated.

I had them for about 2 days, but I can answer all of them from initial review. I also plan on taking these to school.
1. Yes, they're pretty compact for around ear headphones. 
2. They feel like they can take a beating, and the case adds good padding. Obviously you wouldn't want to put books on top of them, but I think they can withstand books pushing against it.
3. They do a fantastic job at keeping sound in around 75%.
4. This is something I've been wanting in headphones for a very long time, and I can honestly say they're one of the most comfortable headphones I've used. 
For 275g, it doesn't feel very heavy at all. I love them so much that I'm actually considering buying a second pair.

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #183 of 366

I had them for about 2 days, but I can answer all of them from initial review. I also plan on taking these to school.
1. Yes, they're pretty compact for around ear headphones. 
2. They feel like they can take a beating, and the case adds good padding. Obviously you wouldn't want to put books on top of them, but I think they can withstand books pushing against it.
3. They do a fantastic job at keeping sound in around 75%.
4. This is something I've been wanting in headphones for a very long time, and I can honestly say they're one of the most comfortable headphones I've used. 
For 275g, it doesn't feel very heavy at all. I love them so much that I'm actually considering buying a second pair.

Thanks, those are very helpful insights. I'll still look more into it though.

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #184 of 366
Anyone know why these were discontinued? Someone said that could be bringing out a new line, but wouldn't they release them right when they discontinue the old pairs?  

Probably due to sales. Yes, they got the good sound, good look that appears to young, great price but it's not as popular as Apple. Some people are very enthusiast about branding although I believe most of us here are more about sound xD

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #185 of 366
Probably due to sales. Yes, they got the good sound, good look that appears to young, great price but it's not as popular as Apple. Some people are very enthusiast about branding although I believe most of us here are more about sound xD

It is actually quite sad that they are not making much profit with such a good product. But very fortunate for us consumers with Head-fi knowledge cause we get to lessen our wallets suffering( i cry for them). Good luck to UE though in maintaining success and quality.

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #186 of 366
I was in the train with the UE6000 last weekend and it doesn't isolate nearly as good as some in-ears, like Shure SE115. The UE4000 isolates much better too.

So I tried the ANC feature and it helped a little blocking low machine noise but not much.
What I noticed further is that the bass boost on active ANC mode is pretty good for locations with lots of noise in the bass department. So a bass boost is appreciable here. In quiet locations the bass boost is too much.

I would still use my UE6000 at home/office.

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #188 of 366
Aug 12, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #189 of 366
Ppl!!

Have been racking my brain over this for a weekn!!

UE 6000 or ath m50s

Device : nexus 5

P.s. music :trance ,hip-hop, instrumental, vocal.

Also , (silly to ask here) how is klipsch s4??

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #190 of 366
Ppl!!

Have been racking my brain over this for a weekn!!

UE 6000 or ath m50s

Device : nexus 5

P.s. music :trance ,hip-hop, instrumental, vocal.

Also , (silly to ask here) how is klipsch s4??

I see no struggles. XD the UE6000 is overall a better headphone than ATH-M50 in comparison except maybe build quality.

S4 is a good pair of IEM but I find the bass slightly loose and boomy. I have not listen to a pair in awhile already thought.

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #195 of 366
Got mine yesterday so I'll tell you my views . first of all like many said they were a bit disappointing out of the box , but now on the second day I feel that a lot has improoved .
First off the lows are superb ,and beautifully accentuated . the bass beats very well and precise although a little more tightness would have been appreciated.
The ANC feature is best suited for movies ,series with rumbling SFX ,it gives them a new flavor as if you are more connected to what's happening.
Soundstage isn't great although I haven't had the opportunity to admire good soundstage.
In heavy metal tracks the electric guitars are a little "sleepy" although nothing is taken away from their quality. Just that maybe it isn't too bright. Does the Grado sr80i perform better here ?
You will have a good time listening to classical tracks and light rock music asides from pop also. Even better for electric trance,rap ,house, etc.
I do feel there is some muddiness to it at the lows , has anyone experienced ?
So overall considering the low price I paid ,I'm glad for my choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back