Logitech UE 6000 vs Klipsch mode m40 vs Monster beats by Dre
Dec 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

johnrofe

New Head-Fier
I have been recently looking into buying a pair of good over the ear noise canceling headphones and researched it a lil bit and these are the three I like style-wise the most. I was wondering which one of these has the best Sq? And I also have a preference towards listening to bass heavy music... So if that helps

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 16
The Logitech UE 6000 are a very solid all around choice. They have good sound quality, great looks, decent noise cancelling abilities and all for a fairly decent price. The best active noise cancelling headphone in my oppinion are the Bose qc15.

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 16
The Logitech UE 6000 are a very solid all around choice. They have good sound quality, great looks, decent noise cancelling abilities and all for a fairly decent price. The best active noise cancelling headphone in my oppinion are the Bose qc15.
I recently bought the white ue6000 and ur right they are awesome

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #6 of 16
Out of these I prefer the UE6000. Why do you want noise canceling headphones though?
All of these have quite poor noise cancelling that is basically not more isolating than a regular sealed headphone.

Jan 18, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #7 of 16
Out of these I prefer the UE6000. Why do you want noise canceling headphones though?
All of these have quite poor noise cancelling that is basically not more isolating than a regular sealed headphone.
i don't care about noise canceling but when u turn it on it uses an internal amp and kicks major ass especially if u turn the treble down on rockbox, but when used passive everything is balanced

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #12 of 16
I have been recently looking into buying a pair of good over the ear noise canceling headphones and researched it a lil bit and these are the three I like style-wise the most. I was wondering which one of these has the best Sq? And I also have a preference towards listening to bass heavy music... So if that helps
The klipsch m40 are huge though man so I'd take that into consideration too

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #13 of 16
Has anyone else noticed this thread is almost a month old, and OP has never come back to check on it? :xf_eek:

Anyways, just to add in on the discussion (because the M40 aren't talked about much) - I haven't heard the Logitech, but the M40 feel better put together than the Beats, but certainly weigh a lot (and you feel the weight when wearing them; the earcup design is kind of odd). The ANC is...less than impressive for $350. The QC15 are superior in terms of ANC and comfort imho, sound-wise I think there's some preference questions - the M40 have more up top (and are more forward up top; I think both are the result of the dual-driver), while the QC15 are smoother and bassier. For $50 less, unless the bass just kills the QC15 for you, I'd take the Bose. The Beats wouldn't be in the discussion imho - they leak quite a bit, don't feel well built, etc. The M40 aren't bad headphones though, and I've seen them go on sale for around $300 (which is not a bad price for them) - they can run without their ANC enabled (and they do provide passive isolation, keep that in mind), they include a lot of accessories, and they look cool; so that's worth considering too. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of their sound, at least for the price and given their sort of odd fit.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #14 of 16
Has anyone else noticed this thread is almost a month old, and OP has never come back to check on it? :xf_eek:

Anyways, just to add in on the discussion (because the M40 aren't talked about much) - I haven't heard the Logitech, but the M40 feel better put together than the Beats, but certainly weigh a lot (and you feel the weight when wearing them; the earcup design is kind of odd). The ANC is...less than impressive for $350. The QC15 are superior in terms of ANC and comfort imho, sound-wise I think there's some preference questions - the M40 have more up top (and are more forward up top; I think both are the result of the dual-driver), while the QC15 are smoother and bassier. For $50 less, unless the bass just kills the QC15 for you, I'd take the Bose. The Beats wouldn't be in the discussion imho - they leak quite a bit, don't feel well built, etc. The M40 aren't bad headphones though, and I've seen them go on sale for around $300 (which is not a bad price for them) - they can run without their ANC enabled (and they do provide passive isolation, keep that in mind), they include a lot of accessories, and they look cool; so that's worth considering too. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of their sound, at least for the price and given their sort of odd fit.
I think the klipsch is totay overpriced just like the beats are. For 200 bucks there is way more amazing options

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #15 of 16
I recently tried the Mode M40 at my B&H.  It ******* sucked for a lack of better words.  The clamping force is ridiculous.  The one I tried has probably been tried so many times so I can't even imagine what the clamping force is out of the box.  The ANC is decent, it's around the same as the UE 6000.  At least the UE 6000 isn't 350 dollars.  The sound just felt lackluster.  I didn't get that long of a listening session as I had to take them off quickly because of the terrible pain.  I listening to a bit of The Dark Side of the Moon.  The drums had no real impact and vocals just felt lackluster.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back