Local shop is moving . . .
Mar 2, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #31 of 89
Okay people, here's the deal. I told Darren here (I'm at Paradise right now - they're actually letting me use their computer!) what the deal is with Head-Fi, and he was able to rustle up a 20% discount instead of the normal 15%. The awesome thing is, they're putting in an order for Grados TOMORROW. Basically means that anybody who wants any Grado 20% off can get it. The bad news is that it would have to be paid in full by tomorrow.

See the OP for prices.

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #36 of 89
wow, what do ya know. this store is about 8mins away from me. sad thing is i dont have a car right now.

well anyway you can probably remove me from the list since if i need anything i can just get up there.

thanks for checking out the prices though.

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #37 of 89
Darn, payment must be recieved by tomorrow? The only way I can send payment is an overnight money order (once 1911's MO gets back to me) or a PayPal E-Check which would take a week or so
frown.gif
I would be interested in the $555 RS-1 (only if it came with a valid warranty). LMK if there is any way they could wait a few days...

BTW, remove me from the list for the 125
frown.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #40 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Darn, payment must be recieved by tomorrow? The only way I can send payment is an overnight money order (once 1911's MO gets back to me) or a PayPal E-Check which would take a week or so
frown.gif
I would be interested in the $555 RS-1 (only if it came with a valid warranty). LMK if there is any way they could wait a few days...

BTW, remove me from the list for the 125
frown.gif

Well, since the list is quite a bit smaller than it used to be, I'd be willing to front the payment for you. Let me know, and I can call them tomorrow. They open ten minutes before my lunch. I'm sure it comes with a warranty, since they should be ordering direct from Grado. I'll confirm that, of course.

If you're on the list, pleeease let me know where you stand. If you don't post or e-mail me or PM me by 7AM PST tomorrow morning, no Grados for you!

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #42 of 89
Ooh, do you have a price on the 650?

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #43 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
Ooh, do you have a price on the 650?

Dang, I don't. Our discount is 20%, but Grado retail isn't like other brands' retail, since they're unilaterally priced. Sennheisers (for example) have an MSRP that nobody (at least at Head-Fi) actually pays by a long shot. HD-280 Pros are supposed to retail for $200! If they sell them for retail price, it'd be over $400. If they sell them for the low end of the common prices, it could be as low as $225 or so. I haven't tried haggling with them yet - if I have to go back to give cash down payments tomorrow, I'll see if I can get them if you have a target price (especially if you can PayPal the money .. pretty please?).

Mar 2, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #45 of 89
Hey guys,
I purchased my SR-80s this evening from this shop. Never thought I would purchase Grados. But when I saw the size of Senn HD555, it was a no-no. WAF was important because she also listens to the cans. Infact tonight I will not get to listen to the cans as she is listening to Alison Krauss - New Favourite SACD on them. I get to write this thread. But it is good that she will get hooked on to good stuff.

The shop is about 15 mins drive from my home. Besided the cans they have other hi-fi (speakers, amps, cdps, etc) for sale. The cans are almost gone.
If anyone goes there, mention this headfi thread and you will get the 20% discount instead of the 15%. Hurry up guys :)
Milpai

Users who are viewing this thread

Back