Local shop is moving . . .
Mar 1, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #16 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by drivel
hey ilovesocks,

You have me down for for sr-125's in the first post, but I'm interested in the SR-60's. I can go for the 125's if by some strange fluke they go for less than $100.00 (yeah right, lol). Thanks for your concern about my fidelity, but I probably can't afford the SR-125's at this time
evil_smiley.gif

Thanks,

Drivel
cool.gif

In the same boat, though I'd be looking for less than $110 for an SR-125, otherwise an SR-60/80 wouldn't be bad.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #18 of 89
I should probably say that the e-mail mentions that as it gets closer and closer to April 1, the discounts will increase. So if the prices aren't low enough tomorrow, we can wait a few days and see what happens. The problem is, they could sell out before I can get back there. I don't want to make more than a few trips, since it takes almost an hour to get there and back. I'll have to gauge how long it will be before they sell out by the number of people in the store while I'm there. Of course, I'll be there before most people get off of work.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #19 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks
I should probably say that the e-mail mentions that as it gets closer and closer to April 1, the discounts will increase. So if the prices aren't low enough tomorrow, we can wait a few days and see what happens. The problem is, they could sell out before I can get back there. I don't want to make more than a few trips, since it takes almost an hour to get there and back. I'll have to gauge how long it will be before they sell out by the number of people in the store while I'm there. Of course, I'll be there before most people get off of work.

Wow I love sales like that. I especially love sales like that in which you know an employee or something well enough for them to hold something until it becomes as cheap as it'll get
very_evil_smiley.gif
. Do you happen to have such a connection socks?

Quote:

EDIT2: I'm actually surprised at how many 125 requests there are. Seems like the 125 is one of the least-popular Grados. Are people choosing it because it's the highest model I said I'd be comfortable with? I'd much rather get 225s if that's what the public wants. Don't settle for less, people!

If you could get 225s on sale for even less than the SR-125s new, I'm sure that the public would want that.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #20 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naris
Do you happen to have such a connection socks?

Heh, unfortunately no.
Quote:

If you could get 225s on sale for even less than the SR-125s new, I'm sure that the public would want that.

That's true. We'll just have to see tomorrow.

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #21 of 89
Quote:

In the same boat, though I'd be looking for less than $110 for an SR-125, otherwise an SR-60/80 wouldn't be bad.

Heh, hoping for >$100 for a SR-125 here. Although $110 isn't too shabby. Got my fingers crossed
icon10.gif

Again, many thanks to the sock lover!!

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #25 of 89
i'm gonna check out this place tomorrow, its down the street from Mitsuwa (japanese supermarket
biggrin.gif
) i'll let you guys know.

i'll also let you guys knkow that i'm broke as hell too D:

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #26 of 89
Quote:

Updated the list. I may not be able to handle this many purchases, unless people paid in advance, which I can't expect people to do. In the meantime, look at my sig!
biggrin.gif

Maybe they might further discount for buying in bulk? That would be nice. Or maybe they might kick you out because they think you're going to turn around and sell them for more, which would not be optimal.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #27 of 89
Quote:

Maybe they might further discount for buying in bulk? That would be nice. Or maybe they might kick you out because they think you're going to turn around and sell them for more, which would not be optimal.

Yikes, I didn't think of that. I guess there's a slim chance that one of the guys will remember me (he's probably still there) since they probably don't get many people my age. Maybe I'll just print out a transcript of this thread and bring it with me. If worst comes to worst, perhaps people would be willing to call and vouch for me?

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #28 of 89
i am interested in the SR-60/80 if the prices are low enough. its also a good idea to print out a transcript of this thread. who knows you migh just get some extra discount.

darn 8 more hours.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:34 AM Post #30 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by swatx
i am interested in the SR-60/80 if the prices are low enough. its also a good idea to print out a transcript of this thread. who knows you migh just get some extra discount.

darn 8 more hours.

Yeah, I'll definitely bring a transcript with me. But 8 hours? I'll have the info at 5pm Pacific Standard Time. That's in 19.5 hours.

EDIT: Updated the list.

EDIT2: I'm gone. I'll update the list in the morning, and before I leave at about 3:30pm PST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back