Local shop is moving . . .
Mar 14, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #76 of 89
Well, I hope everyone is satisfied with what's coming in that order, because I doubt that we'd be able to order anything else, judging by how long this shipment (placed on the 2nd, I believe) is taking to arrive. Still, we can buy out their remaining inventory.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #77 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks
Well, I hope everyone is satisfied with what's coming in that order, because I doubt that we'd be able to order anything else, judging by how long this shipment (placed on the 2nd, I believe) is taking to arrive. Still, we can buy out their remaining inventory.
biggrin.gif

yea well i cant wait any longer

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #78 of 89
ok, i just had a little conversation with the owner (don't know his name) and this is why the shipment is late:

apparently, someone tipped off Grado about this thread, so John Grado decided to immediately no longer make ParadiseAV a Grado dealer, even though they've been a dealer since 1984. the rule is that, although you can sell below MSRP, you cannot publicly advertise the lowered price, which this thread does. for 2 days, he had to call and explain to Grado (John Grado himself to be exact) the situation. so, they did end up resolving the situation and the owner needs to have this thread no longer advertise the discount so he can stay a dealer.

i also took stock of whats left

new cans:
2xSR125
1xSR325i
(not counting the coming shipment)

display models left:
SR60
SR80
SR125
SR225
SR325i
RS-2
RS-1
i didn't get a chance to count the quantities of displays left, but there's at least one of each.

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #79 of 89
Oh, great. Thanks for letting us know, cire. I'll clean out the OP .. *sigh* I guess the party's over.

EDIT: No, I'm not going to stop there. This is just exasperating and ridiculous. Here we are, trying to support a local shop by purchasing Grado headphones, which we love, and they get cut off. I realize that it's because I've spread word around so much, but how many headphones have been sold because of it? 10? I'm proud of my HF-1's, but I don't think I'll ever buy another Grado.

Mar 16, 2006 at 6:13 AM Post #80 of 89
that is definitely not the way to be doing business. only the store is taking a hit in porfit, grado isn't. beside the store isn't the one advertising. to take the dealership away? that is really ruthless business tactic, especially with a partner since 1984. never like grados to begin with, now i probably won't even consider them.

anyway, does the store have any amps or dacs for sale. if they do, do you mind listing some of what they have.

Mar 16, 2006 at 7:33 AM Post #81 of 89
Don't know why grado is getting all upset. The deal is just temporary and for "us cool" headphone enthusiasts
rolleyes.gif
. The only reason motivating me to buy the sr60 is this deal. Anyway the people at paradise are friendly and pretty laid back. No sr60s in till next week from what I've heard. I dont plan on buying from grados after I pick up the sr60 anyway, besides I liked senn HD600 over any of the grados (except the rs1)

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:27 AM Post #82 of 89
That's very shady of Grado to do that, guess I won't be picking up some SR-60s ever. Oh well, might as well save for my next audio technicas

Mar 16, 2006 at 9:06 AM Post #83 of 89
I like a lot of the things about grado, their product, their pricing, the ideality behind teh HF-1, and there are some things I don't like such as no available replacement parts (leather-headband!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
) But to me this just looks like an oversight or over reaction on John's part. I'm sure he was put off by the lower "advertised prices" but at least it was corrected and fixed with little damage to the vendor, and what looks like worse publicity for Grado, at least to me.

Mar 16, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #84 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
But to me this just looks like an oversight or over reaction on John's part. I'm sure he was put off by the lower "advertised prices" but at least it was corrected and fixed with little damage to the vendor, and what looks like worse publicity for Grado, at least to me.

True. He probably didn't get the whole story. I wonder if he knows that the thread is on Head-Fi ..
Quote:

Originally Posted by manhattanproj
anyway, does the store have any amps or dacs for sale. if they do, do you mind listing some of what they have.

I answered your PM.

Mar 29, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #87 of 89
Only a few days left, dudes and dudettes. I'll probably be heading over there tomorrow to see how things are going. I doubt there's anything left. If anyone wants anything, this is the time to speak--er, type!

Mar 31, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #88 of 89
their shipment of grados came in last wed. I picked up a pair for sr60 for $65 with tax? I thught my total would be 61. anyway i think they have 2 sr60s left and 3 or 4 of sr80, 125, and 325 left. sun is the last day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back