Livewires - California Dreamin'
Apr 26, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #3,841 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which outfit did you order them from? The old one in Ca or the new one in Tn? Did you get the duals or triples?

The reason I ask is that I though I remember something about the outfit in Tn having better service and turn-around times.

I think at this point it's assumed that when someone says Livewires, they mean the original company based out of CA. When someone is referring to the TN place, they call it Fidelity.

There was a pretty nasty split, you can find info online if you really care to dig it up.

Sounds like Fidelity will get you a product faster, but you might not like what you get (especially if you ordered the triple driver model).

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #3,842 of 3,902
I look forward to your impressions when you get them and have enough time on them
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #3,843 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by project86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think at this point it's assumed that when someone says Livewires, they mean the original company based out of CA. When someone is referring to the TN place, they call it Fidelity.

There was a pretty nasty split, you can find info online if you really care to dig it up.

Sounds like Fidelity will get you a product faster, but you might not like what you get (especially if you ordered the triple driver model).

I did a search and found more about their "split" - thanks much for the clarification.

Apr 29, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #3,845 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by project86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's too bad. What did you end up doing, keeping them? Or did you get the refund issued?

Unfortunately their refund policy is only for US so I still have the Triples.

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #3,846 of 3,902
My Livewires are broken it seems
frown.gif

Tried them with many sources, and reversed the cables, and the left monitor still sounds all muffled... Doesn't seem to be any blockage... It's so odd. I wiggle it in my ear, and I can hear the sound go full for a split second, so it sounds like a crackle really as I wiggle it. It's not the cable, as I tried the left on the right. It doesn't seem to be a blockage. It sometimes alternates, so I get the highs, and it's all tinny, or the lows, and it's all muffled... I guessed it was the connector, but it still fixes itself, and the sound goes full when I jiggle the IEM in my ear by the faceplate.

Maybe it's the fit, and it's shooting the sound half into my ear canal wall? But it feels comfy, no pressure. I just don't understand. I don't have loads of wax, so it's not hitting a wax blockage in my ear... heck, the left monitor comes out with more wax residue on it than the "broken" right one.

I can't figure it out. One day I had full sound in both ears until I removed them and put the dodgey one back in again. I loved them again after giving up on them a few months ago getting fed up with the problem...

I'd have them repaired, or even buy a new pair... The sound signature is just right for me. I thought my NE6's came close, but after hearing them working for a while they other day, the LW's blow everything I have out of the water, and they're so comfy too.

Biggest problem is turnaround stress... whether repaired or replaced, and the thought that they might go missing. Happened to someone's who were getting repaired after they had been fobbed off by the Cali team many times.

I've been looking at competitors, but the only similar customs cost a fair bit more too, and these are perfect for me. May even give Trips a whirl, but that would make my porta rig so expensive, but hey, I don't know.

Just don't know what to do really... It shouldn't be like this. CS should be so good you don't hesitate about sending the great product in for repair... or don't hesitate to upgrade your model, but with the Cali folks, whatever they are called now, you have to worry and stress about it... Really not good. I just want them repaired, or to buy a new pair without the worry and stress
frown.gif

Any tips or ideas first? I would ask to borrow a cable, but I've swapped the L and R, and the right earpiece consistantly doesn't work right, so it has to be the connector on the faceplate, or a loose wire on the crossover/driver?

Arghhhhh
frown.gif

Maybe look out for some higher end customs on the FS boards to have recased by a more reliable company? But the LW's are pretty much perfect for me, it wouldn't be worth the risk I guess...

Matt

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #3,848 of 3,902
Thats a real shame :/

Anyone know what the general feeling is about Fidelity dual driver IEMS? Livewire has been terrible getting back to me.

edit: once the mtp gold sells I will be going for some custom IEM... having the same debate you are Baines :/

May 2, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #3,850 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by slickooz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont know if this has been asked but how do these compare to custom ultimate ears trip fi 10?

I've not heard the TF10 reshelled, but I prefer the LiveWires Trips to the real UE10pro model. I'm sure the TF10 reshell is still pretty darn good as long as care is taken with the spacing, tube diameter, etc.

May 4, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #3,851 of 3,902
They didn't get shipped out last week as hoped for - now shooting for a ~10 week turnaround if they can get out near end of this week

May 7, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #3,854 of 3,902
Officially at 10 weeks, after being told initially 4-6, and being told 2 weeks ago that I would have them by the end of last week. My happiness with this company is fast declining. It's one thing to have really long lead times. It's another thing to not be upfront with customers about them. Very frustrated.

May 7, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #3,855 of 3,902
Just saw my trips have shipped. That makes it a total of just over two weeks from when they received payment! 

Proof of the pudding is in the eating though...we shall see. 

The slight anomaly is that about two weeks ago i received an email from LiveWires saying:

Quote:

Greetings Livewires client,

Recently we have experienced an unfortunate increase in cable failures. This has been limited to our newer "Heavy Duty" cables (smooth, black, thick cable). If you have experienced any problems with your Heavy Duty cables, we would like to offer you a quick solution. Our cable vendor in Simi Valley, California has located the soldering weakness and is offering a no-charge, bullet-proof repair for each and every defective cable.

To receive your free repair, please send your defective cables by first class mail to:
American Recorder
PO Box 1430
Simi Valley, California 93062 
Please include a return mailing label in your parcel. We will return your cables by first class mail within 48 hrs. of receiving your parcel - FREE OF CHARGE.

We are confident that our Livewires are being built as rock-solid as ever and we would like to complete the package with extremely reliable cabling. Your satisfaction is our number one priority. 
Thank you for your continued support, 
John Diles 

Can anyone explain this?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back