Livewires - California Dreamin'
Apr 21, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #3,826 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by project86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The duals seem to be the same, but the triples are indeed very different from the LiveWires Trips. The Trips use the same setup as the Westone ES3X: Knowles Acoustics CI22955 for bass, and the Knowles TWFK dual driver for mids and highs. The Fidelity triples appear to be configured with 2 large drivers and one small driver. Here is a link with that info, unfortunately I can't find any follow up from any of the people who had sent theirs back.

Thanks for the explanation. After reading that "review," I think the bass on the Trips will be fine for me.

Doesn't the SE530 also use dual lows + a tweeter? I wonder if the Fidelity Triples use similar drivers.

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #3,827 of 3,902
i'm a pretty patient person and have been looking at this but 7+ weeks within the USA is pretty ridiculous.

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #3,828 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm a pretty patient person and have been looking at this but 7+ weeks within the USA is pretty ridiculous.

No kidding
frown.gif

Ugh... buy low or later, trips or dual...

Apr 21, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #3,829 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuryA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't mean to double post but maybe someone over here can inform me.
I've got a pair of livewires (dual drivers), and one of the drivers has disconnected from the acoustic tubing, its rattling in there.
This has already happened to both earphones and I had sent them back to the manufacturer as they were under warranty, but I'm overseas and shipping fees are ridiculous.
Now theyre not under warranty any more so I'd like to open it out and just pop it back in place myself.
I have no idea how to open them up but they've been repaired once so there has to be a way without remolding.
Theres a face plate but it seems pretty flush with the rest of the piece.
Any ideas on how to get it to come off?

hi.

I had the same problem as you : I am in France and one driver is disconnected from the tube.

The are still under warranty but liwewires support is Non-existent, not answer to email, nobody answer on the phone and I call every day.

does anybody knows a way to get in touch with them ?

Apr 21, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #3,830 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by flegendre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi.

I had the same problem as you : I am in France and one driver is disconnected from the tube.

The are still under warranty but liwewires support is Non-existent, not answer to email, nobody answer on the phone and I call every day.

does anybody knows a way to get in touch with them ?

When you call, call the 510 number rather than the 1800 number and they should pick up

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #3,832 of 3,902
hi.
earpeace is the right supplier of my T1

first, i have send and email,
then I tried the phone : 510.583.7700 but I did not leave a message, I want to talk to somebody directly.

the 1.800.821.0131 is not available overseas.

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #3,834 of 3,902
Quote:

I've heard good and bad about dealing with Fidelity, hope you get the good. Did you get their duals or triples?

The duals seem to be the same, but the triples are indeed very different from the LiveWires Trips. The Trips use the same setup as the Westone ES3X: Knowles Acoustics CI22955 for bass, and the Knowles TWFK dual driver for mids and highs. The Fidelity triples appear to be configured with 2 large drivers and one small driver. Here is a link with that info, unfortunately I can't find any follow up from any of the people who had sent theirs back.

That's EXACTLY how my situation was. Very polite, seemed concerned, but could not tell me anything. I didn't get a chance to call about my cable today, but I checked my email and I've actually tried emailing them 4 times, once a week since I ordered a month ago. That's just not good service at all! I bet if I emailed from a different account with a question about buying a pair, I'd get a quick reply. Maybe not.

I really need to remember to call them one of these days.

I got the Triples. Yes I hope i get a good set!

Regarding LW vs. Fidelity, when I spoke with the Fidelity chap he said that he was the original designer for LW and due to irreconcilable differences had to part ways. I think his name was Earl. Great to deal with so far!

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #3,835 of 3,902
Quote:

Here is a link with that info, unfortunately I can't find any follow up from any of the people who had sent theirs back.

I sent back my Fidelity Triples in twice. The sound charactor was slightly changed but still bad. Then I gave up Fidelity Triples because Fidelity finally said "We have had no other complaints from anyone about sound signature". Disappointed.

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #3,836 of 3,902
Just got word from Livewire that they're hoping to ship my pair of Trips out at the end of next week - will hopefully post impressions at some point afterwards.

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #3,838 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent back my Fidelity Triples in twice. The sound charactor was slightly changed but still bad. Then I gave up Fidelity Triples because Fidelity finally said "We have had no other complaints from anyone about sound signature". Disappointed.

That's too bad. What did you end up doing, keeping them? Or did you get the refund issued?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got word from Livewire that they're hoping to ship my pair of Trips out at the end of next week - will hopefully post impressions at some point afterwards.

Cool, looking forward to hearing what you think. I find myself raving about these things, and I know I'm not crazy, but it would be nice to have a fellow listener hear what I hear.

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:58 PM Post #3,839 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone get any word about the average turn around time right now?

If my conversations with them this week are to be believed, it will end up being just over 9 weeks for me from the date that they received my impressions. Phenomenally slow. I'll let you know in a few weeks if it was worth it...

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #3,840 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If my conversations with them this week are to be believed, it will end up being just over 9 weeks for me from the date that they received my impressions. Phenomenally slow. I'll let you know in a few weeks if it was worth it...

Which outfit did you order them from? The old one in Ca or the new one in Tn? Did you get the duals or triples?

The reason I ask is that I though I remember something about the outfit in Tn having better service and turn-around times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back