Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jul 28, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #3,662 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wsatia, looks like you are the one here around with normal triples. Could you please shade some light on this topic. Can you please say how they sounds? Compare to anything that you have.

wsatia's quick impressions from another board, comparing the trips with his atrios

Quote:

Hmm I also feel the LW3 bass is pretty decent and lacks the full range rumble. It definitely doesn't go as low as the Atrio bass and definitely doesn't have the OOMPH of the Atrio bass. The LW3 bass has the tight slam kind of bass, but the Atrio bass is on another level with a rumbling bass that to me seems to be on a range of frequencies, but the LW3 bass sometimes seems to be like a single frequency bass slam? Is this what they call a mid bass bump? Oh but I think I sometimes feel my bass along with hearing it. For the lower frequencies of bass at least (the part which I call the single frequency slam is not really felt though). In fact I feel more bass on my LW3 than my Atrio, probably cause the silicon flanges absorb most of the vibration being conducted for the Atrio.

But for me, I enjoy both my Atrio bass and my LW3 bass. The Atrio bass is just delightful and natural, while the LW3 bass is a lot faster and really ups my enjoyment when listening to genres like electronic (like The Prodigy?).

Highs: A lot more than on the Atrio without sounding harsh or piercing. As far as I can tell, doesn't really distort or become sibilant. Didn't really like the highs at first (or wasn't used to them) but I'm warming up to them.
Other comments: The LW3 hisses. Sounds less veiled than Atrio. Sounds lousy on both the iPod's headphone out and line out when compared to when I run it out of my laptop->Ordnance DAC-1->iBasso P3 set up. The iPod seems to make it bassier and more veiled even through lineout, although lineout makes it slightly less veiled but still darker than through my laptop set up. Oh it's a 6th generation iPod classic.

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #3,663 of 3,902
Yup as B[van] has quoted those are my impressions on another forum. My LiveWires opened up like his just recently and they sound really quite decent. It definitely is at least equal to the top tier universal IEMs like TF10 and W3 (haven't heard UM3X yet!), barring personal preference. Personally I love my LiveWires triples they're opening up nicely, strangely though only after 1 month and a week after I got them.

Jul 31, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #3,665 of 3,902
I've done 120 hours of burn-in for Fidelity Triples, but no effect. Also, no reply from their support. Hmm
frown.gif

Jul 31, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #3,667 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've done 120 hours of burn-in for Fidelity Triples, but no effect. Also, no reply from their support. Hmm
frown.gif

Hi, I just received my fidelity triples, the fit is amazing much better with an open mouth impression over my t1's which were done closed mouth. The build quality is also superb like my original t1.

Now for the but, and the very big BUT........

The sound is awful, I am experiencing exactly the same muffled,muddy, blurred, low resolution sound that "isao2k8" is experiencing. Unfortunately my T1's got lost in the post so I don't have them to do a direct comparison, however from memory the fidelity triples do seem far more inferior to the T1's.

How can this be? I honestly don't think burn in is going to make much of a difference. Should the crossover be visible inside the custom earphone? or is it part of one of the drivers? All i can see are the three drivers wired to the connection point no crossover.

Here are some pictures anyway.

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

Im going to call the office this afternoon see if I can speak to Earl himself, see what he says.

I'll keep you all updated, isao2k8 have you heard anything yet?

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #3,668 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll keep you all updated, isao2k8 have you heard anything yet?

I just got a reply from them that said my triples seemed to have some problem. I send them back.

Aug 1, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #3,670 of 3,902
I also purchase triples and will arrive soon.
Thinking from the review by japanese bloger, I think that these triples are inferior goods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by isao2k8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a reply from them that said my triples seemed to have some problem. I send them back.

oh,deja vu......

Aug 2, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #3,671 of 3,902
Quote:

Hi, I just received my fidelity triples, the fit is amazing much better with an open mouth impression over my t1's which were done closed mouth. The build quality is also superb like my original t1.

Now for the but, and the very big BUT........

The sound is awful, I am experiencing exactly the same muffled,muddy, blurred, low resolution sound that "isao2k8" is experiencing. Unfortunately my T1's got lost in the post so I don't have them to do a direct comparison, however from memory the fidelity triples do seem far more inferior to the T1's.

How can this be? I honestly don't think burn in is going to make much of a difference. Should the crossover be visible inside the custom earphone? or is it part of one of the drivers? All i can see are the three drivers wired to the connection point no crossover.

Here are some pictures anyway.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss84/Stephan_0/IMG_0579.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss84/Stephan_0/IMG_0580.jpg[IMG]

Im going to call the office this afternoon see if I can speak to Earl himself, see what he says.

I'll keep you all updated, isao2k8 have you heard anything yet?[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Mine felt very veiled/muffled/blurred initially at first, but then I had it run on 2 ipods through the night 24/7 for a week and a half before the veil lifted.

Aug 2, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #3,672 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by B[van] /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine felt very veiled/muffled/blurred initially at first, but then I had it run on 2 ipods through the night 24/7 for a week and a half before the veil lifted.

Did you buy from TN or CA office?
Do yours have a large amount of audible hiss at low volume?
What colour are yours? If they are clear, could you tell me if you can see a crossover inside, because I can't see one in either of mine.

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #3,673 of 3,902
Quote:

If they are clear, could you tell me if you can see a crossover inside, because I can't see one in either of mine.

I always thought that they put the Xover inside the gold connector box. It makes sense to hide it in there rather than have to secure it elsewhere, and that is where the wires protrude from.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #3,674 of 3,902
John Smith;5895837 said:
I also purchase triples and will arrive soon.
Thinking from the review by japanese bloger, I think that these triples are inferior goods.

I have several friends that are musicians that have the Fidelity Triples and love them. They are always telling me that they are the greatest thing they've listened to. I have one friend that even has two sets of the Fidelity Triples (one for stage and one for travel).

Remember, these are electronics and as with anything, things can happen to them out of the blue. I've had soundboards that worked great during rehearsals, and 2 hours later not work at all due to something unexpected happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back