Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 3, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #3,514 of 3,902
Guys, I have setup a Livewires group - was bored
biggrin.gif

Join up here please
smily_headphones1.gif

Matt

May 9, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #3,519 of 3,902
Sent my impressions in to Fidelity in Nashville today. Can't wait to get them and share my thoughts. I'm gonna be in the red/blue/black group...yay!

May 9, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #3,520 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by vii_haven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've put down an order for the Fidelity Triples. Wait for the review when I get them in my ears! Can't wait! Will compare them to the Livewires as well

Yes, nice! It keeps crossing my mind to give them a try for my first custom IEM but I'm glad now that someone else will be the guinea pig.
wink.gif

What other IEMs have you listened to before besides the ones in your profile (Sennheiser IE8, LiveWires, Future Sonics Atrio m5)?

May 9, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #3,521 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by superfishal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sent my impressions in to Fidelity in Nashville today. Can't wait to get them and share my thoughts. I'm gonna be in the red/blue/black group...yay!

Fidelity Triples or Duals?

May 9, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #3,522 of 3,902
Just the doubles...pretty sure they are exactly the same as the Limewires of old...

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fidelity Triples or Duals?

May 10, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #3,523 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, nice! It keeps crossing my mind to give them a try for my first custom IEM but I'm glad now that someone else will be the guinea pig.
wink.gif

What other IEMs have you listened to before besides the ones in your profile (Sennheiser IE8, LiveWires, Future Sonics Atrio m5)?

Besides those listed in my signature, I've owned the Shure E2, E1, E3, E4, E5, Westone UM1, UM2, D-Jays before, my favorite of the lot being the E4 and the UM2.

Other than that i've auditioned extensively the Super.fi 3, 5pro, Triple.fi, SE530, Westone 3, Freq (triple drivers), Westone ES2, ACS T1, UE11. My ear canals are rather small, so i just stuff the custom models into my ears and it plugs them, the sound might not be entirely accurate but i'd say its about 95% there.

I use my monitors both on my ipod and for stage monitoring on drums as well, and i'm letting go of my IE8s because I still prefer the presentation of the Atrios.

Can't wait for the Fidelity Triples to reach me!

May 10, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #3,524 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by vii_haven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Besides those listed in my signature, I've owned the Shure E2, E1, E3, E4, E5, Westone UM1, UM2, D-Jays before, my favorite of the lot being the E4 and the UM2.

Other than that i've auditioned extensively the Super.fi 3, 5pro, Triple.fi, SE530, Westone 3, Freq (triple drivers), Westone ES2, ACS T1, UE11. My ear canals are rather small, so i just stuff the custom models into my ears and it plugs them, the sound might not be entirely accurate but i'd say its about 95% there.

I use my monitors both on my ipod and for stage monitoring on drums as well, and i'm letting go of my IE8s because I still prefer the presentation of the Atrios.

Can't wait for the Fidelity Triples to reach me!

Quite an extensive list! So even after trying out all of those, you prefer the Atrio m5's presentation the most? Why wouldn't you go with a dynamic driver-based custom IEM (particularly Future Sonics' own line) if that is indeed the case?

May 10, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #3,525 of 3,902
I would, but i lack the financial ability at the moment. Would probably get the custom Futuresonics when I start working or something.

And the Livewires hasn't disappointed. Its accurate, great sounding highs and deeps lows. So i'm expecting the Fidelity Triples to ride on the same accurate and great sounding signature of the Livewires, with more 'oomph' in the sound since now each part of the spectrum has its own dedicated drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back