Livewires - California Dreamin'
Apr 15, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #3,496 of 3,902
Thanks Bianes93, I was pretty sure they could do it for a small fee, but that on top of shipping and the new ear molds (otherwise how do they know what to fix, right?) ... that's on the expensive side. I guess that's the lot of having customs
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #3,497 of 3,902
i sent him a personal check.... ughhhhh is there a way to get a refund that way? after i sent the check??
I sent another request email to him last night.. but no response.. I really dont expect one...
thank you in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ Just cancel the charge with you credit card company. The 30-day money guarantee is stated very plainly on their website and it's easy for your credit card company to verify. Obviously, be sure to send them back using a trackable shipping method and get a signature on delivery.

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #3,498 of 3,902
Hey everyone,

I have been waiting on my Livewires for exactly 77 days (11 weeks) and have been more than patient during this process. I was told when I ordered the monitors that it would take 2 weeks to get them in the mail. Since it's been well longer than two weeks to receive my order, I decided to call and check in on how my order was coming along. I was fortunate to have my phone call answered on the first try and was told by the representative that my ear pieces have been done for a while but that the company has been waiting for two weeks to receive more cables before they can start shipping out completed orders. I was told that the cables should be received by Tuesday and that my order should make it out of the office by the end of next week.

I'm not sure how much I buy this- it seems like it could be a convenient excuse to keep disgruntled customers at bay, but I'll keep you guys posted if the monitors do show up. The Customer Service from the CA office has been less than desirable, so I fully plan to take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee if there are any problems with the monitors. Like svtb15 mentioned, I really want to work with a company and help spread the word about their product, but I just cannot reward a company like this when the CS has been so terrible.

Anyways, I just wanted to write for any of you who have had your order in for quite some time and are waiting to hear something.

Anyone else called and gotten this story?

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #3,500 of 3,902
I tired calling today.. no answer.. they must have caller ID and said.. oops. that's Kirk calling we don't want to give him his money back.. Still no response to my two emails that i sent John Diles in the past two weeks.
Im not going to be nice now...
its time to sue him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone,

I have been waiting on my Livewires for exactly 77 days (11 weeks) and have been more than patient during this process. I was told when I ordered the monitors that it would take 2 weeks to get them in the mail. Since it's been well longer than two weeks to receive my order, I decided to call and check in on how my order was coming along. I was fortunate to have my phone call answered on the first try and was told by the representative that my ear pieces have been done for a while but that the company has been waiting for two weeks to receive more cables before they can start shipping out completed orders. I was told that the cables should be received by Tuesday and that my order should make it out of the office by the end of next week.

I'm not sure how much I buy this- it seems like it could be a convenient excuse to keep disgruntled customers at bay, but I'll keep you guys posted if the monitors do show up. The Customer Service from the CA office has been less than desirable, so I fully plan to take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee if there are any problems with the monitors. Like svtb15 mentioned, I really want to work with a company and help spread the word about their product, but I just cannot reward a company like this when the CS has been so terrible.

Anyways, I just wanted to write for any of you who have had your order in for quite some time and are waiting to hear something.

Anyone else called and gotten this story?

Apr 18, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #3,501 of 3,902
I just sent one more email asking John for a refund to his personal AOL account and the sales and support emails at the company... 3 times and no answer yet.. lets see what happens after the weekend...
I dont like to complain folks.. All i wanted to do was talk about how great they are.. but when stuff like this happens, the world needs to know so they dont get duped . Tell everyone to go to the NASHVILLE office... hopefully if enough people get the treatment he will go under.. thats where my head is at right now..

Apr 18, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #3,502 of 3,902
I've been conversing a bit with Earl L. Neal, the monitor engineer for the original LiveWires (and now Fidelity Custom Earphones), and thought that some people might like to know some of the information I've obtained.

Firstly, he told me that the drivers in the Fidelity Triples use the same drivers (sourced from Knowles) as the Fidelity Duals, with the addition of a midrange driver crossed over between the other two.

Furthermore, I asked him about the possibility of heat-sensitive tips (like those found on Westone's ear monitors) and here was his response:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl L. Neal
We actually have looked into the flexible tips for the customs. And, being a
monitor engineer, I have had them on my Westones as well some others. My
biggest issue with them is their tendency to deteriorate over time becoming
less and less accurate to the original impressions, especially if you wear
them a lot. I have had my ES3's re-shelled for just that reason. Our lab is
on a constant search for a softer acrylic or a silicone that can be used for
the canal portion, that will have a better shore value and last longer under
extensive wear. We just haven't found that perfect material yet.

Lastly, he apparently has been developing the Triples ever since the Duals were released over two years ago.

FWIW all of his responses were quick and he seems very eager to answer any questions. If I were to order a pair, considering all of the problems people in this thread have been having with the LiveWires CA office, I would most definitely order from Fidelity Custom Earphones (in TN).

Apr 18, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #3,505 of 3,902
+1 to Neal in NAshville.. That man is top of the game and a go getter...
More evidence to go to the Nashville office for your product...
Kudos to Neal and his crew.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been conversing a bit with Earl L. Neal, the monitor engineer for the original LiveWires (and now Fidelity Custom Earphones), and thought that some people might like to know some of the information I've obtained.

Firstly, he told me that the drivers in the Fidelity Triples use the same drivers (sourced from Knowles) as the Fidelity Duals, with the addition of a midrange driver crossed over between the other two.

Furthermore, I asked him about the possibility of heat-sensitive tips (like those found on Westone's ear monitors) and here was his response:

Lastly, he apparently has been developing the Triples ever since the Duals were released over two years ago.

FWIW all of his responses were quick and he seems very eager to answer any questions. If I were to order a pair, considering all of the problems people in this thread have been having with the LiveWires CA office, I would most definitely order from Fidelity Custom Earphones (in TN).

Apr 18, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #3,506 of 3,902
^^no; not necessarily; not all triple driver IEMs sound even similar, let alone the same. I have had 3 different triple driver IEMs and they have all sounded significantly different

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #3,507 of 3,902
well folks i did what i didnt want to do. just keeping yall in the loop.
My bank is not able to do anything since i paid by check as John Diles requested. mmmmmm last time i do that.. CC from here on out.

This morning I filed a complaint with the BBB. If john diles of the CA Earpeace Technologies would have worked with me or at least returned emails or phone calls, i never would have done that.
Guess its time to play ball and get mean. I just want money money back at this point.

Apr 19, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #3,508 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bad stuff... It was coming to them really.

So if I need a re-case/dip, can I send my CA LW's to TN?

To the company you originally sent your order to, as they're the ones who cashed in your money and has information on your account.

Apr 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #3,509 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To the company you originally sent your order to, as they're the ones who cashed in your money and has information on your account.

I think "Baines93" got them for free... from John Diles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back