Livewires - California Dreamin'
Dec 3, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #3,197 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to think they are a bunch of lab techs running the business so I thought the lack of communication is understandable. Now it has been 6 weeks since they charged my credit card, and no one replied to any of my emails.... (That Inbox is not used for spams and such. I get average of 1 spam mail per week so I check them all manually... So the "mail caught in spam filter" excuse won't work here.)

I just sent them my last email before I will file a complaint with my credit card company..... And I stated that in my email too. We'll see how it goes.

Wow, can't believe how long you've waited. I sent my impressions in to the Nashville Office and got them back inside of 3 weeks. No problems, nothing but great service and fast turn around.

Dec 3, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #3,198 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John mentioned they were well aware at LW they had a couple of unhappy customers on our forum here. Can't quite make out the last part of your comment, but judging by the people I interacted with on the phone, and who visited me in person, they sure don't seem like folks who are intentionally trying to harm anyone.

I will let you know how soon I see the LWs.

Yeah, the part about this forum is true.
I send John a message with complaints about his aftersales and told him I wasn't the only one having that opinion and linked to these pages.
As a miracle I suddenly got a reply with the following promising words:

"You will have your Livewires by the 5th. We are expediting your particular order. Our slow turn around time is a problem which we will have completely resolved by December 15th for all customers. "

week #44, 29 october, send my impressions
week #45, 07 november, impressions arrived at Earpeace
week #46, 11 november, payment was made
--- no replys anymore
week #47, 21 november, got an update
week #49, 05 december, I should quote: "have" my LW's

Well, I don't know how but they should have been shipped by now to do so.

So I'm afraid this will be another example of the current service at Livewires...

And I also told John the long turnaround time is no problem to me.
But the false statements/promises are very annoying.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #3,200 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lobbert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I send John a message with complaints about his aftersales and told him I wasn't the only one having that opinion and linked to these pages.

"You will have your Livewires by the 5th. We are expediting your particular order. Our slow turn around time is a problem which we will have completely resolved by December 15th for all customers. "

--- no replys anymore

So I'm afraid this will be another example of the current service at Livewires...

honestly dude they are so all over the place they told me 2nd week of december when they had my impressions since the 17th of october...something does not sound right

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #3,201 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Email is usually the worst way to contact them. I have always had to use the phone, and they always took care of things with both my orders.

They have an email contact form on their website, and they invite visitors to use it, so emailing is a valid form of communication with them. I am not living in the US, that's why I prefer to communicate with them via email.

Hey companies list their addresses too.. Am I expected to fly to visit them too before I file a complaint?? As long as the form is there, and the email address is on the order sheet, our emails should get replies.

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #3,202 of 3,902
Quote:

--- no replys anymore

Which email address are you using? I have NEVER ever gotten any reply from them using the email form on their own website.

Dec 3, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #3,203 of 3,902
Quote:

Am I expected to fly to visit them too before I file a complaint??

Well, that might work too!
tongue.gif
redface.gif
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #3,204 of 3,902
Quote:

Which email address are you using? I have NEVER ever gotten any reply from them using the email form on their own website.

Hi,

Johndiles@aol.com
but this doesn't mean you'll get a reply, I had to use a quite dramatic subject to get his attention.

Best of luck.

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #3,205 of 3,902
Quote:

Hi,

Johndiles@aol.com
but this doesn't mean you'll get a reply, I had to use a quite dramatic subject to get his attention.

Best of luck.

Thanks. I got a reply this time (before I see this reply of yours) (using the same contact form). I didn't use a dramatic subject, but I did say that this is the last email before I will file a complaint with my credit card company. John says he should get my order in mid-December... Maybe I should ask him to send it with FedEx Two-Day to make up for the time loss.... (I paid for the $25 EMS option).

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #3,206 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutbutterjam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I'm currently using the ER-4P, I have heard many people saying that the livewires are very detailed, so how does it compare to the ER-4? I'm loving the ER-4 now, so if livewires is of similar sound signature I think it might just be the custom for me.

Yes, it's sound signature is closer to ER-4, but with a fuller body.
Though you should consider the turn about time factor.
It's really a long wait for getting one pair of LW.

I'm quite happy with mine.

Dec 4, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #3,207 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by killkli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it's sound signature is closer to ER-4, but with a fuller body.
Though you should consider the turn about time factor.
It's really a long wait for getting one pair of LW.

I'm quite happy with mine.

You are well on your way to having one of everything I suppose.

Dec 6, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #3,209 of 3,902
I've been lurking for a while and based on the reviews here I just had my impressions done and will hopefully have my LWs before next year. Based on John's recommendation I went with clear/clear which he said was a popular combination but I'm now rethinking my color choice because I'm concerned about how well this color will hold up (dirt) and also that they might show more imperfections in the manufacturing process.

Do any of you that still follow this post have the clear/clear combination? If so, can you let me know if you are still happy with this choice and how they've held up? I've only seen a couple of examples of clear/clear LWs posted (pg 75) so I'm not really sure how popular they are. I'm thinking of switching to the traditional red/blue/black so that I can tell them apart more easily in the dark.

Dec 6, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #3,210 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by warehouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been lurking for a while and based on the reviews here I just had my impressions done and will hopefully have my LWs before next year. Based on John's recommendation I went with clear/clear which he said was a popular combination but I'm now rethinking my color choice because I'm concerned about how well this color will hold up (dirt) and also that they might show more imperfections in the manufacturing process.

Do any of you that still follow this post have the clear/clear combination? If so, can you let me know if you are still happy with this choice and how they've held up? I've only seen a couple of examples of clear/clear LWs posted (pg 75) so I'm not really sure how popular they are. I'm thinking of switching to the traditional red/blue/black so that I can tell them apart more easily in the dark.

I've not regretted getting clear on clear, and after a while you'll be able to tell them apart by feel anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back