Livewires - California Dreamin'
Nov 13, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #3,166 of 3,902
I'll get a picture up soon.. got mine a few months ago, no complaints--great service.

Nov 13, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #3,167 of 3,902
They have already little more than 1 ear
ksc75smile.gif

DCFC0007.jpg

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #3,169 of 3,902
^ agreed. Red looks nice.

<= envious

Nov 13, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #3,170 of 3,902
I just ordered a pair of Sleek Customs today - had my ear molds done a couple hours ago and they still feel kinda weird (getting ear impressions is an experience to be had by all :p).

I was debating between The Livewires and the Sleek Audio customs for a while.

Can't wailt until I get the finished product!

Nov 23, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #3,172 of 3,902
I had been thinking about removing the memory wire for ages.

Today i noticed the Nittiol wire was poking out from under the tubing on one side, and was gonna trim it off to stop cable getting damaged, but realised a sharp bit will still stick out, so grabbed it with a pair if pliers, and pulled it out... Much nicer. For the other side i had to trim back the tubing with a razor blade (good job i shave properly with real blades now) before i could pull it out.

Then I thought, sod it, and left about 2mm of tubing each side under the connector (strain relief) and cut the tubing off too.

So much more comfortable, especially when I have my glasses on, and when I have the cables down, they are more inconspicuous, and easier to pack away in the top of the Livewire box, and take up less space, and are less squashed. No need to change my case for a slightly bigger one now
biggrin.gif

Matt

Nov 24, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #3,173 of 3,902
Well well, it has been many months now since I mailed my impressions over to the LW HQ. I've had my share of problems (lacking communications, misunderstandings, slow turnover time and so on) with the people at LW's. However, all issues has now been solved and I'm very happy with my product and, after all, with the support I got - A big thanks to Art at LW for his help!

So, I just got my LW's back from a redip. So far so good, I think I have an ok seal now.

207xs1w.jpg

I guess my next project will be to make some custom cables, I received the connectors today...
smile.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #3,176 of 3,902
I recently decided to get a set of LWs, and I wanted to share a story of excellent customer service. I live and work in the Bay Area of California, and I submitted a web inquiry to the LW site asking for audiologist recommendations. I received an email on Sunday [yesterday] from John at LW offering to come to my office today and "shoot" my ears for free. I took him up on it. He showed up right on time, with his "ear-cam" and monitor, checked my ears, and then filled them with goop. In 5 minutes, the impressions were done. While he was there, John even made me a set of custom ear plugs for my top-down driving [wind buffeting seems to worsen my recently acquired tinnitus]. All in all, it was a great experience. John also mentioned that they had solved their turnaround time issues, and that I should receive my LWs very quickly. Considering that my Westone 3s also arrived today, it really felt like Christmas! Thanks John!

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #3,177 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale Rider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently decided to get a set of LWs, and I wanted to share a story of excellent customer service. I live and work in the Bay Area of California, and I submitted a web inquiry to the LW site asking for audiologist recommendations. I received an email on Sunday [yesterday] from John at LW offering to come to my office today and "shoot" my ears for free. I took him up on it. He showed up right on time, with his "ear-cam" and monitor, checked my ears, and then filled them with goop. In 5 minutes, the impressions were done. While he was there, John even made me a set of custom ear plugs for my top-down driving [wind buffeting seems to worsen my recently acquired tinnitus]. All in all, it was a great experience. John also mentioned that they had solved their turnaround time issues, and that I should receive my LWs very quickly. Considering that my Westone 3s also arrived today, it really felt like Christmas! Thanks John!

Great Story!

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #3,178 of 3,902
Wonderful!

...and hi all, Livewires are rocking all over the world on my travels. I am still alive!
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #3,179 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just (finally) posted my Livewires Piccolino Cable review - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/ul...3/#post5058171

Hope it helps those looking at recabling their Livewires.
biggrin.gif

Awesome review, I can just drool.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back