Livewires - California Dreamin'
Jun 12, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #2,596 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HPM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if they have the clear cables out yet?, and is it possible to have the whole shell one color?, as when i see clear/clear, it seems that the face is like..opaque

AFAIK the faceplate will always be a matt finish no matter what colour you go for, so they will never look as if its all the one colour/piece.

Jun 12, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #2,597 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Toast Pics Death-Toaster!

interesting...lol...yes please do post =)

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #2,599 of 3,902
I may have some fit issues with the right monitor. I can't be certain yet. It very well may be all in my head.

Pics!

both.jpg

both2.jpg

both3.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

Customized the Livewires case with some foam. Keeps them from bouncing around.

foam.jpg

*These images may be used for any purpose, without permission.

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #2,600 of 3,902
Nice.

I like the clear plates that sort of magnify the view.

I didnt like the not-so-good finish around the connector i saw once, blue and clear IIRC, but i guess that the connector hides it.

I would like clear/clear, or blue/clear, or red/blue/clear, or clear/darker blue plates. Maybe clear cables.

Are clears thicker and have more fit problems IIRC?

I like mine though, just thinking of next recase, im young, so it will be sooner than 99.999% of livewire owners, HPM and I being the exceptions.

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #2,603 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice pics Death-Toaster welcome to team Red/Blue
cool.gif

Give them a week or so for your ears to get used to them, my right one was a bit uncomfortable for the first day or so, after that they were fine.

Thank you, thank you. Glad to be here.

I think I've got these figured out. I stick em in there and kinda twist them in like the "instructions" (they need to work on those) said. Then I've gotta push the lower part into my ear to get a good seal (is this what you guys have to do as well?). After that, they sound pretty schweet and fit good too. The left monitor feels a little different in the ear than the right. I suppose thats not abnormal considering my left and right ears are likely shaped different.

I'll keep using them for a week and see what happens. I think they're gonna work out quite nicely.

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #2,604 of 3,902
Hey deathtoaster,

great pics. Keep up the fit testing. If the LW are too small in places you can consider using clear nail polish to refine some of the gaps. Definitely helps, as I have done this for my ue5c. left side perfect, right side slightly loose in a couple areas even after refit. A few layers of polish and man, SEALED UP.

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #2,605 of 3,902
Nice Pics.
cool.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #2,606 of 3,902
Well my TF10s came today, and LiveWires have been demoted to unamped/ad-hoc use. TF10s are now my primary, followed by ER4, then LiveWires then E4C for my random use.

LiveWires are good, but I still don't think they can beat the TF10s despite my initial comparisons, doing more AB'ing, even with the fit I have with LiveWires, TF10s just kick the butt, for soem reason these ones seem to sound better than the ones b4. But enuff TF10 talk lol.

I'll have to keep an eye out when LiveWires delve into 3-Driver technology
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #2,607 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Death-Toaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you, thank you. Glad to be here.

I think I've got these figured out. I stick em in there and kinda twist them in like the "instructions" (they need to work on those) said. Then I've gotta push the lower part into my ear to get a good seal (is this what you guys have to do as well?). After that, they sound pretty schweet and fit good too. The left monitor feels a little different in the ear than the right. I suppose thats not abnormal considering my left and right ears are likely shaped different.

I'll keep using them for a week and see what happens. I think they're gonna work out quite nicely.

Yeah, that certainly sums up my habits in putting them in. I open my mouth a little (simulated yawn in public) when pushing in the lower part, to ensure deepest possible insertion.

Regarding the left vs right, yeah there are so many variables that it's pretty rare for both to feel exactly the same in their respective ears. However my slightly looser right fit did 'seal up' a bit over time, the ears adjusting as suggested by the Livewires team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey deathtoaster,

great pics. Keep up the fit testing. If the LW are too small in places you can consider using clear nail polish to refine some of the gaps. Definitely helps, as I have done this for my ue5c. left side perfect, right side slightly loose in a couple areas even after refit. A few layers of polish and man, SEALED UP.

Thanks for the tip, filipelli. Great to get that very last hint of space sealed up t-i-g-h-t.
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #2,608 of 3,902
Don't get too excited about the quick turnaround time, guys. I got my measurements and placed my order (right from Livewire headquarters in Nashville) on May the 20th. After nearly a month, I haven't heard anything and am starting to worry. I even got the next-day shipping to boot. Maybe my ears molds were harder to craft than usual...

... they SEEMED normal...

Btw: Should I consider getting an amp with these or are they good to go right out of the box?

Jun 15, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #2,609 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well my TF10s came today, and LiveWires have been demoted to unamped/ad-hoc use. TF10s are now my primary, followed by ER4, then LiveWires then E4C for my random use.

LiveWires are good, but I still don't think they can beat the TF10s despite my initial comparisons, doing more AB'ing, even with the fit I have with LiveWires, TF10s just kick the butt, for soem reason these ones seem to sound better than the ones b4. But enuff TF10 talk lol.

I'll have to keep an eye out when LiveWires delve into 3-Driver technology
biggrin.gif

I also loved my TF's - it was a fit problem that caused me to give up on them. Even with the custom ear tips I got later on, I still don't have as comfortable fit as with true custom IEMs. I currently have the SuperFreQs (updated to the MM crossover) and I find them to be similar in sound to the TF's.

Can you please expand a little bit on what/how the TF's sound better to you than the LW's? Is it a particular frequency range? Bass, mids, high?

Jun 15, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #2,610 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also loved my TF's - it was a fit problem that caused me to give up on them. Even with the custom ear tips I got later on, I still don't have as comfortable fit as with true custom IEMs. ...

FMT has weird shaped ears!
wink.gif
He thinks the TF are more comfy than the likes of SE530. J/k!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back