Livewires - California Dreamin'
Apr 28, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #2,146 of 3,902
I get my livewires back this thursday (hopefully) I can't wait. I hope things get better. I am sure they will

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #2,147 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by freedommedia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No I am picking them up at the Livewire office right outside of Nashville. They aren't being shipped to me. Is there a way to find out when I can expect to get them? I guess waiting is the only thing I can do. They'll come when they come just seems like a weird deadline.

I think that is John's partner who is in Nashville. I think he is the monitor engineer for Toby Keith. Maybe they are out doing some shows this weekend.
cool.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #2,148 of 3,902
I've also been waiting a signicant amount of time...they received my impressions 3/18/2008 and I sent payment via Paypal soon after. Getting kind of concerned that my emails aren't been responded to.

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #2,152 of 3,902
Wow finally finished all 216 pages of posts for this thread! I'll be starting the whole "get me a set of livewires" process once payday hits
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #2,153 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any of you guys try to remove the hole memory cord thingy near the earphone?

What I would like to do is remove the metal and plastic things so that the cable can just be draped over the ear without have to bother with that metal rod.

I did one for FeedMeTrance. It's just careful removal of as much clear plastic as possible up to the connector and then snipping off any memory wire as close to the connector.

Of course it IS one of those mods you can't undo.
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #2,154 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matsvansanten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got an e-mail from John telling me that my Livewires shipped out yesterday! I took the 2 day shipping so they should be here tomorrow or the day after tomorrow! I shipped my impressions on 3/26/2008 so it's been about a month for me. I also made my paypal payment the same day.

John also told me that my earcanals make a particular sharp turn at the first bend, almost 90 degrees. Because of this I'm going to have to learn how to properly insert them (kind of corkscrew them in). Hope I'll be able to do this!

I'm really excited and hope to receive them soon so that I can test them!

So they received your impression about the same day as mine since I was billed when they received my package the 30th... Too bad I didn't get them back in time for when I wanted them!

Haven't received any information yet.

Apr 29, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #2,155 of 3,902
Well fedex didnt show.
Called Ear peace, talked to John.
Was told mine came in today, he said he tried them, he tries them all
and guess what? Mine didnt sound good, bad drivers!
So he is sending them back.
mad.gif

They were suppose to ship last friday, I dont know what to believe.
But what choice do I have.
So the waiting game goes on.

Apr 30, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #2,157 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by webbie64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did one for FeedMeTrance. It's just careful removal of as much clear plastic as possible up to the connector and then snipping off any memory wire as close to the connector.

Of course it IS one of those mods you can't undo.
wink.gif

Yea I was just wondering if you could unscrew the stem of the brass connector somehow, but that is not the case here. I will do this as soon as I get home
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks webbie!

May 1, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #2,158 of 3,902
Ok well im supposed to get my livewires and my other headphones that I just got recabled today via USPS, but... my dad put a hold on the mail until monday but put my name in to give me permission to pick it up. Would I possibly be able to pick up the mail just for me? like my packages (containing my livewires)????ANYONE KNOW?

May 1, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #2,159 of 3,902
hey im not sure if this has been done already, but is there a review of these, the freqs, and shure se530, and the triple.fis?

1. How is the customer service with these?
2. How much do the impressions cost? and if they dont fit well the first time, how much does it cost to get them refitted better? what the processs for refitting?

May 1, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #2,160 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey im not sure if this has been done already, but is there a review of these, the freqs, and shure se530, and the triple.fis?

1. How is the customer service with these?
2. How much do the impressions cost? and if they dont fit well the first time, how much does it cost to get them refitted better? what the processs for refitting?

Customer service is very good, they will help you and get you whatever you need.

Impressions cost anywhere from $20-100, but I wouldn't pay more than $50 for them. To re-do the impressions sometimes the audiologist will do it for free, it just depends. If they don't fit, livewires can do a re-dip and add more material for a tighter seal, but they will work with you until you get what you want. A+ service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back