Livewires - California Dreamin'
Mar 11, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #1,082 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by chowk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review and pics Turbo - it sounds like the LiveWires are very much the custom IEM for ER4 and detail fans!

Will you be trying your different impedance adaptors on your LiveWires?

Thanks. Definitely, I need to find the right impedance for these babies, but first, I will compare them to my UE triple-fi.

Mar 12, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #1,083 of 3,902
TURBO, any chance you can let me know briefly about the comparison, bass, hiss, etc. before the end of tonight? I'll send you a PM. hehe. I'm looking to send in my order form tomorrow morning, so I need to make my decision asap.

Thanks!

Mar 12, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #1,084 of 3,902
Nice pics and review Turbo.

The Livewires will improve as you burn them in, giving you a fuller, more expansive sound.
cool.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #1,086 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw that coming!. Sure:

Check the size of those, compared to the touch. And I find the touch big.!!
<snip images>

would you be able to post pics of them in ur ear

from what ur sayn ,sounds like the livewires are what im after - etys with nice bass, but im still waiting on mine!

j

Mar 12, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #1,087 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice pics and review Turbo.

The Livewires will improve as you burn them in, giving you a fuller, more expansive sound.
cool.gif

Thanks. Yes, I noticed that, but I think it's all about the seal and your ears getting used to the sound signature. The most I use them, I get better seal.

I like them a lot, since is very difficult to find an IEM that sounds excellent and be this comfortable. Thank you for your first review, that led me to get this. I am done with IEM's. Well, until Livewires build a triple driver IEM, je, je....

TURBO

Mar 12, 2008 at 11:25 AM Post #1,088 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like them a lot, since is very difficult to find an IEM that sounds excellent and be this comfortable. Thank you for your first review, that led me to get this. I am done with IEM's. Well, until Livewires build a triple driver IEM, je, je....

TURBO

Glad to have been of help.

Yes a Livewires T3 would be sorely tempting to my ears, and pocket.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #1,089 of 3,902
Has anyone got the white faceplates?
Im torn between white and black. So maybe seeing the white would push it over either way

Mar 16, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #1,090 of 3,902
i recently got impressions. He injected the silicon in my left ear and then a few seconds later I put in the bite block (is that ok??)

then my right ear was done.

I got open mouth for both will that be good for livewires/?

I am starting to want livewires more than the super Freq's, i ordered them already but my kit hasn't come and I am sure I could send the kit back for free and get a refund. I love the build quality and look of the livewires.

Would I get hiss with my 5th Gen video unamped???

Also i live in california, on the order form do I have to pay for tax??? I know shipping and what not but what about tax? its like 7.5% in cali, does it apply to me?

also live wires say that their earphones are safe for listening and hearing damage? what are they meaning by this?

Thanks..

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #1,093 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today's the day, my LiveWires will be delivered today, so time to see who will win: SF5, TF10 or LWs!

I'm sure all of us hope you have nothing but the very best experience this time around, FMT. We look forward to your decisions/review.

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #1,094 of 3,902
Mine were awesome out of the box. They get way better with burn in. After a 100 hours or so the bass comes out of nowhere.

Mar 16, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #1,095 of 3,902
Whayhay!

Looking foward to it.

I was told 4 weeks, so 25th. Not long now, no updates though even though i requested one
frown.gif

Better come before the 3rd, before i go away to France for a week and listen more than ever there, in a 300yr old house in a quiete village, or out shopping in a local town with 3girls
frown.gif

Borrowing a tomahawk. Wanted to borrow the SuperMacro 3, but cant borrow that yet. Maybe when i get back i will be able to swap the tomahawk for the SM3 and try that combo too.

In france im gonna rip a cd to flac and mp3 and listen amped and unamped with the livewires and tomahawk, and also try with my er6i's to see where the difference is, amp, or livewires, or neither, and i could even hear it unamped and with er6i's...

They should come, so i will review them, and post it and pics up when im back.

Only 9 days now from what i was originally told. Does that include shipping back? As mine were complimentary they will choose the cheapest airmail i guess.

Going away on the third. Hope they arrive, and if early i will open them and check they fit, otherwise i will have to send them back, of which by the time they arrive i should be able to borrow the SM3 and see if i ca hear a difference with my lossy files.

I will listen to them first on the car trip to the ferry, just to make me so excited in the run up, and give the tomahawk a listen too.

Will test every source in my sig amped and unamped, compared to the er6i's when in france. Lossy in general, but an album in Lossless will be tested to see what makes me hear the difference between lossy and lossless.

Please answer my questions above someone!!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back