Livewires - California Dreamin'
Mar 9, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #1,037 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by dum_71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PostLady left me a nice new set of Livewires today!

Enjoying the 2nd set of Zeppelins 4/27/69 show as I type this. Very nice.

The transparency of the phones' and the lack of physical presence on my head is quite an experience. Gets you that much closer.

Back to the music.

Congrats! Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #1,038 of 3,902
Still waiting for mine, sigh!

Apparently they will ship it out this Monday, coincidently same day my TF10s are being shipped out.

Just about gave up on them, well, let's hope they fit this time around!

Mar 9, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #1,039 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apparently they will ship it out this Monday, coincidently same day my TF10s are being shipped out.

I am really tempted to order the Tfi10s at that price. Very eager to read your findings when you get all them together for a comparison. Waiting for the weston 3 seems to be folly.

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #1,041 of 3,902
I sent john diles an email about my ear canal. I will see what he says. im 17.5

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #1,042 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wicked, so ER4p/s vs TF10p vs Livewires vs SF5p (es cable and sans) vs SR60?

Or add in KSC75 + PK1 too!

no ER4, I was taking the foam tip off and the stem broke, have to send back to Ety for repair
frown.gif

At the moment I am in for a big comparison session: LiveWires vs SF5Pro vs TF10 vs Sr80 vs PK1 gosh!

Mar 10, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #1,043 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am 19 and I was also concerned about having to getting them refit in a short time. But i talked the audiologist and she said that after childhood ear canal growth slows down. So get your credit card ready and get those LW's.

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #1,044 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif

x2.

16 days now (Originally 4 weeks i was told)

Havnt had a reply to my request for a status update
frown.gif

Matt

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #1,045 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, im 15.

Having to have refits once a year, or less is no problem as these are a gift from the company to a someone who is "very interested in this field for his age" as he put it, and he knew i would love them, and had wanted a pair since i came to head-fi. I cant wait

Even if i have to have refits, at £20 or £40, i cant remeber, i can have lots of refits before i have spent the ammount they cost to buy, so either way its a win!

And even at this age when ears change most, i was told by him ~2+ years

Matt

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #1,048 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrototypeX2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Baines, did you actually send your report card to John?
Just curious
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

so if i send in my report card, i can get a free pair too? =D

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #1,049 of 3,902
Nah, i didn't, he said that my writing and emails show i am a good student
tongue.gif

And no you can't. I'm 15 and i was 14 then, and he wanted o give a pair to somone in the UK, and stumbled across me saying they were my dream IEM for home and portbale use. And he was stunned how i was into this stuff (with not enough money) at such a young age.

He knows i will like them and have to get them recased a few times, and then if they bring out a new model, i will probably buy it.

Although i think the silicone ones (ACS Ti or something) look comfy but maybe make ear canals itch like silicone tips.

The UE's in the the thread about this guy and his mum, the guys UE's (that actually fit his mum, and hers fit him!) look great too.

Anyway, if they bring out a new model in the future, i will have money by then, and instead of the next recase, buy them instead!

Oneday i may get the silicone customs to try, or in my 30's (If ue still exist) ue11 or the equal then.

Mar 10, 2008 at 2:05 PM Post #1,050 of 3,902
Thanks for the info guys. I read a post where someone talked to an audiologist and they said that the canal slows at age 10 or something. But yeah I might get these. I like the build quality a lot. It is just between these and the Tripple driver Super Freq's. I want good sound for rock/rnb/hip hop/techno/some jazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back