Livewires - California Dreamin'
Mar 4, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #1,006 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's exactly what I think. I asked for "NO ID TAG, PLEASE!!", when I ordered mine. Hope they listen.

They do...if you take a look at all of my pics, you will see no name sheet on the monitors.

Mar 4, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #1,008 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought they could do something about it like change the fonts/colour and embed it or something..

It is embedded in the acrylic.

Mar 4, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #1,009 of 3,902
yeah I thought so.. think my friend managed to get them to make a nicer tag or something not such an obvious white piece..

Mar 5, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #1,010 of 3,902
Well I sent my impressions off today. I can't thank everyone enough in this thread in helping me, indirectly, choose the LiveWires. I've been watching these sense they first came on Head-Fi and am finally in a position to get some, so I jumped on it!

I thought I'd throw in my two cents in towards a discussion, ooohh, 50 pages back about a recording being really hard on audio equipment. I believe it was a lute, though it sounded a bit more like a harp to me. I'm not sure if this was said because I skipped 50 pages to reply to this thread, but there is at least one VERY prominent harmonic through most of the recording. At times two are very present. This is easy to hear as the last chord begins to decay and then one note amplifies as the harmonic begins to resinate. I'm not sure if it is the instrument or a bad recording job, but with such a strong harmonic it is no wonder speakers go crazy trying to move to accommodate the resonant frequencies as they go in and out of phase. Just my opinion FWIW.

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #1,011 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmackaMuta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I sent my impressions off today. I can't thank everyone enough in this thread in helping me, indirectly, choose the LiveWires. I've been watching these sense they first came on Head-Fi and am finally in a position to get some, so I jumped on it!

I thought I'd throw in my two cents in towards a discussion, ooohh, 50 pages back about a recording being really hard on audio equipment. I believe it was a lute, though it sounded a bit more like a harp to me. I'm not sure if this was said because I skipped 50 pages to reply to this thread, but there is at least one VERY prominent harmonic through most of the recording. At times two are very present. This is easy to hear as the last chord begins to decay and then one note amplifies as the harmonic begins to resinate. I'm not sure if it is the instrument or a bad recording job, but with such a strong harmonic it is no wonder speakers go crazy trying to move to accommodate the resonant frequencies as they go in and out of phase. Just my opinion FWIW.

Congrats! and yes you're right, there is a strong harmonic in that recording.

Post your pics and impressions when your Livewires arrive. What colours did you choose?

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #1,013 of 3,902
I got the obligatory Red/Blue with black exterior because it looks awesome. My fiance convinced me to get black connectors. I think I'm going to like the black on black look but I'm a bit trepadacious because I haven't seen any pics of the black on black.

My impressions should arrive tomorrow. Anything I should mention to them when I call them to make my payment?

Mar 5, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #1,015 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by chowk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Black connectors on black:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/liv...ml#post3625877

I'm going to do the epoxy mod on my spare set.
cool.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #1,017 of 3,902
Well i just wanted to second the thanks towards everyone in this thread in helping me make the jump to livewires! I just got mine a couple of days ago and I'll tell ya, they blow me away. I've been using a pair of UM1's for the last few years, and these liewires sound a million times better through my Clix2. What impresses me the most is the transparency of the earpieces. They just disappear in your ears and all thats left is the music, a really unique and amazing sensation.

I of course went with the red/blue combo with black faceplates, and don't regret it one bit, they look amazing! Funny thing is, I was expecting to pay over 300 dollars for impressions and shipping on top of the livewires themselves. But, when I emailed John, he actually referred me to go to his brother, who is an audiologist in my area, and he covered the impressions and most of the shipping for nothing! So all said and done, I'm left with a great sounding set of headphones, and a great experience getting them too!

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #1,018 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by killersmurf89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny thing is, I was expecting to pay over 300 dollars for impressions and shipping on top of the livewires themselves. But, when I emailed John, he actually referred me to go to his brother, who is an audiologist in my area, and he covered the impressions and most of the shipping for nothing! So all said and done, I'm left with a great sounding set of headphones, and a great experience getting them too!

killersmurf89, I think this is the sort of info that should also be posted in the Livewires Feedback Thread. They really do go that 'extra mile' to help customers out where they can.

Mar 6, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #1,019 of 3,902
Hello all!
It's me again! i've sent my LiveWires back for modification due to a bad fit that leads to bad seal.
Now i'm really having trouble finding a small enough case to put Livewires in. Something that will protect them and fit in my bagpack, not too bulgy though.
i was thinking about the Westone Clam Shell case or the Shure Oval Earphone Carrying Case.
Anye Suggestions will be Appreciated! *bow*
And if so, where can i get them? *online*
Also, What will be a good Amp for my LiveWires? my price range is at $200 - $250, or a portable amp is good?
My portable Device is an "Iaudio Cowon D2".
Or should i just tweak the EQ? because i'm totally new to Portable Media Players. I totally have no idea how "EQ" works. Anychance i can learn how to tweak them?
Thank alot!

Mar 6, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #1,020 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello all!
It's me again! i've sent my LiveWires back for modification due to a bad fit that leads to bad seal.
Now i'm really having trouble finding a small enough case to put Livewires in. Something that will protect them and fit in my bagpack, not too bulgy though.
i was thinking about the Westone Clam Shell case or the Shure Oval Earphone Carrying Case.
Anye Suggestions will be Appreciated! *bow*
And if so, where can i get them? *online*
Also, What will be a good Amp for my LiveWires? my price range is at $200 - $250, or a portable amp is good?
My portable Device is an "Iaudio Cowon D2".
Or should i just tweak the EQ? because i'm totally new to Portable Media Players. I totally have no idea how "EQ" works. Anychance i can learn how to tweak them?
Thank alot!

My Livewires fit great in the Westone Clam Shell case and the Shure Oval Earphone Carrying Case. They also fit in the soft Westone coin purse type case that come with custom earplugs.

Portable amps are good with them. In that price range I think the iBasso D1 with AD797 opamps and the Headstage Lyrix Total Pro work great with the Livewires, and they have the benefit of a DAC to use with a computer.

The Xin Super Macro 3 v3 with AD797 is also great with the Livewires, but you have to buy used (under $200) because Dr. Xin hasn't come out his burrow for a while, some people have been waiting 12 months for their orders. The Livewires are phenomenal with the RSA Predator, but that is out of your price range ($475).

I didn't like the Tomahawk with the LW, too much highs (but perfect with SE530). The Meier HeadSix was okay with the Livewires but is not optimal because it's a little too forward with not quite enough bass with LiveWires (although HeadSix is a great match with Darth Beyer Shallow Cup and Proline 2500 and HD600 and Denon C700). HeadSix doesn't make the LW sound bad, just not as good as they could be.

For Desktop amps (not portable) I love the Meier HeadFive with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back