Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 29, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #976 of 3,902
I took the bus today to work. My truck is not running for the moment. Anyway, I listened to to my Livewires with the Tomahawk and 5th Gen Ipod. Man I forgot how good this combo sounds. Just being outside walking, riding the bus made me enjoy them more with the change of scenery and the cool tunes pumping through my ears.

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #978 of 3,902
Hey Filipelli! Nothing to be sorry about man...my impressions weren't expensive at all....I'll probably have John re-dip the canals after the tour. My color choice was the flesh tone faceplate with red shells on both. I decided to go with the tan because I will be using them a lot on stage and on some television stuff so, incognito is a good thing. They feel great and sound amazing....better than westone um2s which i've been using

Feb 29, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #979 of 3,902
Silly Big Bottom!
tongue.gif
Saying "Sorry about your wallet" is the general greetings that we say for newcomers of Head-fi!

Feb 29, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #980 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Bottom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Kosmic...i got fry baby downloaded but my mac doesn't seem to want to open the pink noise file....any suggestions?

Welcome again.
wink.gif

I've uploaded the file for you. I'll pm the link for you to download.

The Peli micro case rocks!

Feb 29, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #981 of 3,902
Quote:

Hey Kosmic...i got fry baby downloaded but my mac doesn't seem to want to open the pink noise file....any suggestions?

If you are looking for a pink noise generator for Mac, this is the one that I use.

Blackhole Media - Noise

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #984 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by KHill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are looking for a pink noise generator for Mac, this is the one that I use.

Blackhole Media - Noise

Hey KHill....i downloaded this one and it opens up fine....just can't get any audio to come out? hmmm you have any idea why?

Feb 29, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #985 of 3,902
Quote:

Hey KHill....i downloaded this one and it opens up fine....just can't get any audio to come out? hmmm you have any idea why?

Sent you a PM, but I'll post the same answer. After you open Noise, make sure to hit the "noise" button above the volume slider. When it is generating noise, the "noise" button will turn to "silence". If that doesn't work, let me know.

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #986 of 3,902
A question to those who own non-clear (I'm mostly interested in hearing about red & blue) LiveWires: Do you think that you could detect earwax in case it got inside? I asked John this question, but only about red and blue shells, and he said that this would be difficult. However, looking at all those pictures you guys are posting, I can't resist the impression that all the non-clear shells are transparent enough to be able to do that.

Thanks

Mar 1, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #987 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A question to those who own non-clear (I'm mostly interested in hearing about red & blue) LiveWires: Do you think that you could detect earwax in case it got inside? I asked John this question, but only about red and blue shells, and he said that this would be difficult. However, looking at all those pictures you guys are posting, I can't resist the impression that all the non-clear shells are transparent enough to be able to do that.

Thanks

A spin of the supplied tool cleans it of any wax nicely.

Mar 1, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #989 of 3,902
Kuba earwax is easy to spot if you stare directly into the tunnel piece with normal IEMs with a solid colored body. Earwax does not enter into the internal parts of the IEM custom or not. If any earwax enters it stops and dries up when it enters the entry of the tunnel part of the ear piece. At least that I my experience with IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back