Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 11, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #723 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me, if you need an amp to make an IEM sound acceptable, that's just too much... It should sound good with any normal portable headphone out.

Not necessarily. If you have a weak source and an IEM that is transparent...you will have a subpar sound.

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #726 of 3,902
Well, I have started to muck around with iPods EQ, and listening with the HipHop eq, seems to be doing some nice things for me.

I will continue to evaluate
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #727 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um.. This is a really noob question. What is a T1 version? Is there a T2?

No T2 yet. Just T1. That is the only product earpeace has now for the livewires.

Feb 11, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #729 of 3,902
Quote:

At times the highs are so mumbled, like guitar and vocal on The Killers - Jenny Was A Friend of Mine, was horrible at the end, was just a myriad of piercing noise!

Weird. That songs just great on my Livewires. No mubled sounds or painful highs.

Feb 11, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #730 of 3,902
It just sounds like a bunch of high noise, as if the sound is hitting like a ceilling, and not being able to go on up - if that makes sense.

Like the Vocals and Guitar just blend into one constant noise.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #731 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont think Livewires sound grainier with the Tomahawk. I have a Tomahawk has over 1200 hours on it or so. the T1's have about 500 hours or so. One or the other may not be burned in or you have a crummy source. Remember the Livewires are unforgiving to a bad recording. Listen to the T1's with the Tomahawk hooked up to the Alien DAC. That is awesome.

My TH has over 850 hours on it, and the Livewires are running at about 500 hours as well. I bought the Predator to replace the TH, and so have sold the TH (not because it is bad or anything, but because I have too many amps and it was my second most costly portable and could get me the most money back in my pocket).

My Predator has just hit 929 hours as I type this, and it is warmer and smoother than my other portable amps, with the HeadSix (about 350 hours) in second place for a favorite with Livewires. Those are my top 2 recommendations for portable amps with Livewires. The iBasso D1 is number 3, very close to the HeadSix but behind it because of it's size and because I had to roll all the opamps to get it just right.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #733 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys, I am toying with the idea of trying out a HeadSix, I didn't realise they ran for under $120, so yeah.

Otherwise, thanks everyone for all the feedback, I am going to retry the Tube amp, and give it a bit more time to warm up, last time I tried, I think I was in a rush too much and got hit with all the internal microphonics and random noises it makes.

I am now using my iPod with a Treble Reducer EQ on, and it seems to be working, however, nearly all songs off my Killers album still have those piercing highs, starting to lead me to believe there may be a fault in the recording or my ripping, not sure?

As for the memory wire, I am a butterfingers, and not a DIY type guy, so it's going to be a challenge to get it off lol.

Burn In: It works for these LiveWires, I have put nearly 15hours of burn in using both music and noise/freq sweeps etc, and I am starting to feel and hear the difference.

I have also had a brief go with using a Etymotic P->S adapter, this reduces the bass, doesn't do much for the highs.

Fit wise, there is still some pain as my ears adjust, but I am getting the hang of inserting and removing with ease.

Thanks Guys n Gals
smily_headphones1.gif

The Etymotic P->S adapter is too high impedance for the Livewires, 50 ohms is better, but it only smooths them out and doesn't reduce bass or treble.

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #734 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It just sounds like a bunch of high noise, as if the sound is hitting like a ceilling, and not being able to go on up - if that makes sense.

Like the Vocals and Guitar just blend into one constant noise.

Do you mean like the sound is hitting the ceiling and bouncing back, creating a ringing noise as if there is wave interference or something?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back