Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 8, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #692 of 3,902
Mine are more like FMT than Kosmic - I always thought Kosmic's looked weird, and the I mean the ears and the LW
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #694 of 3,902
Feb 9, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #695 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the Clear look
biggrin.gif

Something may be wrong, they are big! Like, if you look:

IMG_0258.jpg

vs

n571610728_903926_7121.jpg

they feel kinda bulky, and kinda hurt as well, also, isolation isn't as great as i expected i can hear myself type when the volume is low, but once music comes its all good!

otherwise, still getting used to the fit, a bit painful i am not sure of thats normal, but yeah

glad they are finally here!

I think you just have smaller "ear folds".
confused.gif

comparing to baby blue (ugly color imo), the clear wins hands down but try somethign like the signature red and blue.

Feb 9, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #696 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you just have smaller "ear folds".
confused.gif

comparing to baby blue (ugly color imo), the clear wins hands down but try somethign like the signature red and blue.

way to just flatten his color choice. He can't really "try" the signature red and blue...because well...his livewires are made already and in his ears haha.

Kosmic I think your livewires look hot - unique! Sometimes I wish I went for a different color combo than the one that has been done (red and blue).

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #698 of 3,902
Guys~ i'll be getting my LiveWires in about 2 week~ and i'm new to Amps.....~ i'm wondering if u guys have any suggestion? My Portable Device is: Cowon Iaudio D2 , and pairing this with LiveWires...what would be a good Amp? my budget is around $200
please be specific...hehe cus i have no knowledge for AMPS~ *never owned one*

THANK YOU!

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #699 of 3,902
The livewires don't really need an amp coming from the D2, as I believe that they would mesh fairly well on their own. However, I am a purist against portable amps for IEMS, so I am a bit biased! Don't listen to me!

Feb 9, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #700 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The livewires don't really need an amp coming from the D2, as I believe that they would mesh fairly well on their own. However, I am a purist against portable amps for IEMS, so I am a bit biased! Don't listen to me!

hahahahh! thx you for ur opinion!~ Flipelli
smily_headphones1.gif

guess i'll try it out without an AMP, and see how it sounds before i search for one , hahahah

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #701 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiyako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hahahahh! thx you for ur opinion!~ Flipelli
smily_headphones1.gif

guess i'll try it out without an AMP, and see how it sounds before i search for one , hahahah

From what I heard about the D2, the internal amp on that baby is already pretty nice. I could be wrong though, so someone correct me if I am. I am of course reminiscing about my brief stint with the iaudio x5...which I found to have one of the best headphone outs. My zune is comparable...and comes in a close second, and the livewires do very nicely without an amp. I had a tomahawk paired with the zune, but found I really didn't need it...in fact..the amp just served as a volume attenuator to me, and I couldn't justify a $200+ attenuator haha.

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #702 of 3,902
Quote:

From what I heard about the D2, the internal amp on that baby is already pretty nice. I could be wrong though, so someone correct me if I am. I am of course reminiscing about my brief stint with the iaudio x5...which I found to have one of the best headphone outs. My zune is comparable...and comes in a close second, and the livewires do very nicely without an amp. I had a tomahawk paired with the zune, but found I really didn't need it...in fact..the amp just served as a volume attenuator to me, and I couldn't justify a $200+ attenuator haha.

Oh!~ okok~ thanks you very much for your experience! Filipelli.
I guess i'll look into it and test it out when i get the LiveWires within next 2 weeks. Then i'll let everyone know
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #704 of 3,902
Quote:

so where is FMT? In audio heaven huh?

Certainly hope so. He's not normally this quiet for so long.
confused.gif

It's either the highest of highs (in which case he'd be posting, surely?) or he's being quiet whilst figuring what's working, what's not and whether he should be awaiting burn in improvments?? Maybe??

Feb 10, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #705 of 3,902
I am here, just trying to get used to them.

I have been doing about 10 hours of burn-in using my normal music. It has made improvements.

To anyone getting these, have patience with them. I am still getting used to the fit, everything is great except for two things (at this point):
1. The highs - oh my god, they are excrutiating at times, with both a Hornet and Tomahawk, listening to rock music like The Darkness, and The Killers, the guitars hurt my ear, I find I need to change the song.
2. Isolation, its ok when music is playing, but on softer songs, I can near clearly hear my surroundings (bus/train etc).

I am yet to critically compare the SF5s, I want to get my ears used to the LiveWire fit and feel, and maybe to another round of burn in using frequency sweeps and noise.

Stay tuned, as I will update with the findings after burn-ins.

FMT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back