Livewires - California Dreamin'
Feb 5, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #601 of 3,902
In for 1.

Thanks to all the posters who helped me toward this decision, keep up the good work. Its amazing what you learn in 10 or so hours of reading. Kosmic, HeadphoneAddict, BigPoppa, FeedMeTrance, filipelli, Low Fidelity, chowk and anyone else I might have missed. Thanks LOTS.

Went for Red/Blue inners w/Tan outers. Asked if the connectors could be painted tan to match. Black is the only option at this time. Also, I requested my phone # be printed on the ID. They said yes and will probably put the phone # in place of the serial # which they have on file anyway.

Now, if I can just hold off spending any more cash on neat new gear before these get here. Can anyone say HeadSix/Predator. Grado 225's. Boy those tube amps look mighty cool. Can you say tax refund.

Are there any Cowon Iaudio7 users out there with Livewires?

Once again, many, many thanks. Adam.

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #602 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by dum_71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In for 1.

Thanks to all the posters who helped me toward this decision, keep up the good work. Its amazing what you learn in 10 or so hours of reading. Kosmic, HeadphoneAddict, BigPoppa, FeedMeTrance, filipelli, Low Fidelity, chowk and anyone else I might have missed. Thanks LOTS.

Went for Red/Blue inners w/Tan outers. Asked if the connectors could be painted tan to match. Black is the only option at this time. Also, I requested my phone # be printed on the ID. They said yes and will probably put the phone # in place of the serial # which they have on file anyway.

Now, if I can just hold off spending any more cash on neat new gear before these get here. Can anyone say HeadSix/Predator. Grado 225's. Boy those tube amps look mighty cool. Can you say tax refund.

You're welcome, and congrats! Just remember to blur your phone # when you post pics!
cool.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #603 of 3,902
This might also be of interest (particularly to dum_71):

From an email I received from Art yesterday:
[size=x-small]P.S. I did some additional checking on cables with our manufacturer. We can offer white or tan cables, as a special item on standard cables (not with resistors), in addition to black. There would be a small extra charge for these colors. I am waiting to hear back on the cost. If you would like to change your cable order, just let me know, and I will advise of the price
[/size]

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #604 of 3,902
Quote:

+1 - Same here - thanks much!

Will

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #605 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 - Same here - thanks much!

Will

You're welcome guys...glad we can be of help. I know there is a lot of competition out there for Earpeace right now, but rather than get enamored by a new product, there are members out here patient enough to go through these threads and read our impressions and trust our observations! One of dangers of falling into when considering customs and reading advice is that sometimes owners can fall into fanboyism..as long as people interested get an honest depiction of what the livewires offer, I say we did good!

Feb 5, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #607 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FIRST POST!

They are running about 2-4 weeks right now, for delivery of the finished product.

Welcome to head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet...

Yes indeed! my first post and it's on LIVEWIRES!!!! hahahah, i've heard alot of good things about their company and their product from you all!!!! Because this is my first time purchasing any IEM. And i'm glad that the turnaround time is faster now, and that i think Mr.Diles is so Friendly and patient towards the questions i threw at him. And no need to feel sorry about my wallet hehe, because i think this product is really "BANG FOR THE BUCK" and feels like i got a Ferrari with the price of a....hmmm.....Civic? heheh~
tongue.gif
*ALSO, i've learn alot from you ALL*
THANK YOU!

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #608 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent my impressions to Livewires already and I have the UE triple-fi, so I will be able to tell the difference between the two, if anyone is interested. Thank you.

TURBO

I very nearly bought the triple fi just before i ordered these, so i'd be interested in seeing if i made the right choice.

(But secretly i think i have
biggrin.gif
)

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:34 PM Post #609 of 3,902
Ok guys, I finally decided that I'm gonna get myself a pair of livewires since FreQ still needs a little time to improve.

I'm wondering if there's anyone who lives in Manhattan, and where you would go to get an impression. Additionally, do you bring the audiologist UE instruction for open-mouth impression? (Seems like open mouth is what ppl recommand)

Can't wait till I get my hands on these babies. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #610 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I very nearly bought the triple fi just before i ordered these, so i'd be interested in seeing if i made the right choice.

(But secretly i think i have
biggrin.gif
)

Cool. Yes, I will let you guys know the differences, as soon as I get them.

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #615 of 3,902
Quote:

In for 1.

No, you can stop buying after you get your HeadSix or Predator, and SR-225...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back