Livewires - California Dreamin'
Sep 27, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #76 of 3,902
My method to take them out is to swivel the cable back (so not looped over the ear) then (looking at the right ear) reach in at around the 7-8 O'Clock position with my thumb, and finger on the outside. Breaks the seal, and i have a grasp of the earpiece at the same time, then it's just a case of pulling it out.

Sep 27, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #77 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My method to take them out is to swivel the cable back (so not looped over the ear) then (looking at the right ear) reach in at around the 7-8 O'Clock position with my thumb, and finger on the outside. Breaks the seal, and i have a grasp of the earpiece at the same time, then it's just a case of pulling it out.

Hey Rav, have you tried the Kosmic way?
k1000smile.gif

I used to remove them exactly as you do, but this is so much more efficient and stylish. Give it a go. Once you find the pivot point under your ear with your thumb it's a cinch. I can take them out in a second, or position them to talk. No fumbling here. One push with my thumb and they're back in.

Not only can you wear your Livewires with style, gain streetcred with this cool move.
etysmile.gif

Jill Scott is sounding Lush.

Sep 27, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #78 of 3,902
Yes, yes, I know the arguments about double armatures not needing a burn in. Whether they do or not I don't know, but cables...wires...do benefit from a burn in period.

Since using this little combo of Pink Noise and Fry Baby, my Livewires have opened up nicely. Set it on repeat a notch or two above your comfortable listening level.

Another tip while burning in....turn your EQ up fully, and adjust volume to just above comfortable listening levels. Leave overnight to fry. Keep doing this until there is no more discernable improvement.

http://mmcgrew.net/media/audio/pink_...noise_FLAC.zip

http://www.hagtech.com/media/frybaby.mp3 (If you have a problem downloading frybaby then right click and save link as...)

Give it a go and tell me this isn't some psychoacoustic trick.
blink.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #79 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the response guys. i'm not expecting them to be as bright as er4s/p or grados but i don't want them if they're as bad as the um2 or sf5p. it sounds like they're not too bad and at that price, it's probably worth trying since most universal iems don't fit my ears well.

well you can return within 30 days for full money back - minus of course, the cost of impressions
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:20 PM Post #80 of 3,902
Hmmm I just had a look in the mirror with these things on and noticed that my left ear I can't get the whole iem in my ear, e.g. you can see the corner of the blue bit (not the black plate). It's the same with the right ear, but not to the extent. In the photos I have seen, you can't see the iem bit (only the plate)
frown.gif
Of course I still get a good seal, but wondering if there is a problem, as they are meant to dissapear in the ear?

Ok here is a photo of my right ear (which I'm happy with, you can see a tiny bit of red):
i1187491_Rightb.jpg

now onto the left (I have a blue iem, so it's hard to see, but try dragging and highlighting the image lol) but you can see at the top that it does stick out quite a bit.

i1187501_Leftb.jpg

Not to sure if the impressions are anything to do with this or do they only account for the canal? Because obviously the livewires fit my canal perfectly, but they just don't seem to fit the outer circle of my ear. I do have quite big ears, but the actual part before the canal is very small (so I'm not sure if the impressions are taken for that bit of the ear too?) and they are just too big for me.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #81 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

now onto the left (I have a blue iem, so it's hard to see) but you can see at the top that it does stick out quite a bit.

i1187501_Leftb.jpg

Not to sure if the impressions are anything to do with this or do they only account for the canal? Because obviously the livewires fit my canal perfectly, but they just don't seem to fit the outer circle of my ear. I do have quite big ears, but the actual part before the canal is very small (so I'm not sure if the impressions are taken for that bit of the ear too?) and they are just too big for me.

I think the problem is....do you have any alien dna? You possibly have a weird ear.
blink.gif

Take a photo of your ears with the Livewires out. I might be wrong but it doesn't look like you have a well defined, or deep earflap in your left ear, for your impressions to hook into.

If you have a shallow earflap, perhaps the ear phone will stick out because they can't make it so shallow as they have to fit the drivers at an angle. As long as you have a good fit in your canal and they're not falling out you should be ok.

For a moment I thought there was quite a contrast between the two sizewise, but then I realised one was a close up photo.
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #82 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1187501_Leftb.jpg

That doesn't look right, how's the isolation from that ear?
Does it break easily if you move your jaw/ears a little, and is it uncomfortable to wear it?
Looks like there is quite some strain.

If yes to either, I'd talk to Earpeace and see if they can do a remake for you, they seem to be very reasonable about that, I'm waiting for one myself.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #83 of 3,902
Hmmm yes, after dragging the picture I can see how much of the blue is showing. It doesn't look right. Who took your impressions?

Anyway contact Earpeace and direct them to those pics.

Sep 27, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #85 of 3,902
Just going to email earpiece now, and show them. I got myn done by the hearing company, the same as Rav. I think he might have had a few issues too with one ear...

They don't lose their seal by moving your jaw and they seem ok to wear in terms of comfort. But they are a lot easier to pull out, and seem quite loose when doing that.

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #86 of 3,902
JoeB, it just looks like the faceplate is positioned in a way that hangs out of the ear. Almost as if Ear Peace just cut a chunk off the blue bold and reattached the flaceplate, it would be flush with your ears again. Hopefully a refit will adjust the popping out thing for you. Let us know your results!

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #87 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JoeB, it just looks like the faceplate is positioned in a way that hangs out of the ear. Almost as if Ear Peace just cut a chunk off the blue bold and reattached the flaceplate, it would be flush with your ears again. Hopefully a refit will adjust the popping out thing for you. Let us know your results!

Yeah I will see what they say and see if they reckon they can do anything to change it, has anyone else had to send for adjusting? I'm curious as to how long it usually takes. I'm guessing 3-4 weeks + ?

Even with that sticking out, they are 10 times more comfortable than my e2c
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #88 of 3,902
Joe, looks to me like you might not have them in properly, the top bit that's sticking out should go inside that front flap of the ear (under the red line):

Leftb.jpg

If they don't fit under there properly, then def contact earpeace. Here's a pic i took of mine last week, note that in the same area they go up inside that part of the ear...

lefta.jpg

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #89 of 3,902
Hi Rav, yeah I must admit I do have problems trying to get them in that left ear (I find it awkward gripping them, not good with my hands). But I can't seem to get that in right, I just did have another go trying to angle that bit in (and it's made it fit in more, but still it's exposed a bit). What angle do you find best for insertion? Maybe thats what I'm doing wrong
frown.gif

Sep 27, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #90 of 3,902
Rav, you are a livewire hero once again! I got it in, and didn't I know about it. My parents were laughing at me when I couldn't get the damn thing out, saying it looks like we are taking you to A&E to get them out. I took about 4 minutes getting them out haha!!

The key was to try to get that point you circled in first, it's still a procedure but at least I know it's not the fit. I will have to practice this and master it
wink.gif

cheers again Rav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back