Livewires - California Dreamin'
Aug 4, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #2,836 of 3,902
Those cables look really cool, Steve.

Aug 4, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #2,837 of 3,902
On Friday (08/01/08) Art emailed me confirming that they received my impressions and to let me know that he was working "away from the office". I hope they get back on schedule and all of us that are waiting for LW will have positive transactions. Good Luck!

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #2,838 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am slightly disappointed. I ordered mine around June 19th or 20th and they were supposed to be a rush order, before July 4th if possible. Now it is August 4th and I still do not have them...

Dang what could be keeping them so long? I thought there was a slow down in business since the initial rush.

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #2,839 of 3,902
Quote:

I am slightly disappointed. I ordered mine around June 19th or 20th and they were supposed to be a rush order, before July 4th if possible. Now it is August 4th and I still do not have them...

And then, on top of that, they may not fit properly. It took nearly a month for mine to come back from a simple double-dip. And the right monitor STILL doesn't fit! The Shures are getting more and more playing as my left ear has gotten rubbed raw because of that one. I don't think it's supposed to work that way and I'm seriously considering getting some UE-11s after getting back from the metal festival. Not to mention, I still love the Shure sound signature more than the LWs. And, from what I understand, the only way to get that out of a custom is to go all-out for the UEs.

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #2,840 of 3,902
I just received my LiveWires last week and I'm really enjoying them!
But, I think I have to return them since the left ear is a tight fit kinda....

The other problem I'm having is that most music is now just too loud for the LiveWires. Even the lowest volume level on my iPod is still a little above what I usually listen at. Does anyone know of a simple volume attenuator I can stick in between the LiveWires and my iPod?

Any help is appreciated.

Aug 5, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #2,841 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Takaji /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know of a simple volume attenuator I can stick in between the LiveWires and my iPod?

Go any audio store then you can find it.

Aug 5, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #2,842 of 3,902
Thanks for the positive reinforcement Stewart
tongue.gif

I am going to give it a short while longer and if nothing happens I will contact them and see what the hell is going on.

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:07 PM Post #2,843 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZFDrummer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On Friday (08/01/08) Art emailed me confirming that they received my impressions and to let me know that he was working "away from the office". I hope they get back on schedule and all of us that are waiting for LW will have positive transactions. Good Luck!

That's good to hear. So, I'll order LW tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 6, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #2,845 of 3,902
Quote:

Thanks for the positive reinforcement Stewart
tongue.gif

I am going to give it a short while longer and if nothing happens I will contact them and see what the hell is going on.

_________

Snicewicz - here is some real positive reinforcement:

All this talk about delays had me worried so I emailed ART and here is his reply:
"We have had delays from time to time. All I can say is that right now we are anticipating 3 weeks. I will track, and if there is a delay, I will let you know. However, I will work at getting them to you on time...OK?

Thanks.

Art"

Since you are "stateside" I would give them a call and check on them. That seems like a really long time when they are saying that there are no delays. Please let us know what you hear.

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #2,846 of 3,902
John Diles partner is the monitor engineer for Toby Keith. I saw Toby Keith last night on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and he was not wearing LiveWires. The IEM's looked more like UE-11's, they had that kind of connector on them and not the LW's style connector. That's funny they have Toby Keith listed as one of the endorsements on their website.

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #2,847 of 3,902
today I got a set of spare cables for my livewires from a friend who works at Monster Cables. It's the same cable that the new headphone Dr.Dre uses. It's surprisingly thin for those who haven't seen it and I hope it'll sound better than the ones that come with the livewires.

I talked to the guys in Castro Valley I'm going to be visiting their workplace next Monday to get my impressions done there (for free, how nice of them) and see if they can try to work with my cables or not. Gonna be fun.

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #2,849 of 3,902
I got it for free. Monster cables don't sell the replacement cable for the Dr.Dre headphones yet, although they might.

I'm sure they sell other replacement cables, although I'm not sure for how much.

I also heard they might start teaming up with other IEM companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back