Livewires - California Dreamin'
May 14, 2008 at 9:36 PM Post #2,386 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matsvansanten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I got my LiveWires quite some time ago but completely forgot to post about it!! When I received them I took them out of their container and I was amazed at how good they looked and how small they were! I had never had any kind of custom in-ear in my hand so this was new to me! I am really glad with the colour choice I made. I have black outsides with blue insides. When I put them in the first time I immediately felt that the seal was perfect! Both ears really fit well and they are really comfortable. I am still having some small problems with getting them out but I guess it just takes some time to get used to it and find the way to do it.

They sound really great! I hear details in music that I have been listening to for a very long time that I have never heard before. It's pretty much an amazing experience. I am really glad with them and am enjoying every second of listening time with them.

Mats

Hi Mats,

Try pushing them out from underneath the earflap near your earlobe.
cool.gif

May 14, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #2,387 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FMT: "There's gold in them thar Livewires"

Theresgoldintheresomewhere.gif

i wish :/

May 14, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #2,388 of 3,902
depends

if i use express courier ($40) gets to livewires in 4-5 days, they art prioiritises mine, 2-3 days work. then he send back another 4-5, so aounrd 2 weeks total, if i sent it standard mail, ur looking at 3-4 weeks!

May 15, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #2,389 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
depends

if i use express courier ($40) gets to livewires in 4-5 days, they art prioiritises mine, 2-3 days work. then he send back another 4-5, so aounrd 2 weeks total, if i sent it standard mail, ur looking at 3-4 weeks!

Looks like you still need a few more sponsors to donate towards the shipping.
tongue.gif

May 15, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #2,390 of 3,902
btw, earlier I posted about how maybe its a bad audiologist, and I refered to HPA (headphoneaddict) but I meant to say FMT (feedmetrance). Yea :)

May 15, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #2,391 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matsvansanten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I got my LiveWires quite some time ago but completely forgot to post about it!! When I received them I took them out of their container and I was amazed at how good they looked and how small they were! I had never had any kind of custom in-ear in my hand so this was new to me! I am really glad with the colour choice I made. I have black outsides with blue insides. When I put them in the first time I immediately felt that the seal was perfect! Both ears really fit well and they are really comfortable. I am still having some small problems with getting them out but I guess it just takes some time to get used to it and find the way to do it.

They sound really great! I hear details in music that I have been listening to for a very long time that I have never heard before. It's pretty much an amazing experience. I am really glad with them and am enjoying every second of listening time with them.

Mats

It's nice to hear some good news about the Livewire final experience. I can't wait to be in your shoes. Thanks for the encouragement.

May 15, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #2,393 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by StudioAce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think you want 100% seal. These are not like wearing earplugs when you go to the drag races. When you push them hard in your ears you could be blocking the sound nozzles with your ear canal not letting the sound flow. On my first pair of LW's the left ear piece would lose all sound when I smiled big or lifted my left eyebrow. This could have been from the ear piece stem being too long or not tilted at the correct angle, thus sounded like the sound nozzles were being covered up.

Mine do fell a little fuller(bigger in size) in my right ear when I first put them in and this has nothing to with the seal. After a they get seated I don't have that sensation any longer and kinda forget they are there.

I think if you have a comfortable fit ( ears not paining at any spots), getting good bass response with them vibrating your bones some, you have a good fit.

Yeah, yeah, I've had those canal phones with the different tips that gave you isolation like you had both fingers stuck hard in your ears, but those usually would not stay seated long. I think it's apples and oranges as customs are there own animal.

Actually, you "do" want a great seal. Maybe not "100%", but in order to have really good bass, you "have" to get a great seal. You will hear this universally here in the forum from anyone using IEMs. In fact, the main reason an IEM will sound "bad" is most often lack of seal.

I had custom ear tips done for my Triple.Fi's and the seal was really, really good -> the bass was perfect, and the isolation was great as well. I am now with SuperFreQs, and unfortunately even after a recent re-fit, they are still slightly "small", not so much in the inner ear canal, but in the larger "concha" area of the ear -> not enough seal, bass is weak, and the isolation is poor. I am now working with FreQs to have them re-touch for a second time ... a great seal "is" the goal
wink.gif

Will

May 15, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #2,395 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, you "do" want a great seal. Maybe not "100%",

Will

That's what Studio Ace said. A "100%" seal means you can create and maintain a vacuum. Customs are not designed to do that.

A good fit means the custom will comfortably fill the ear, and provide a full sound, while blocking out about 25db of outside noise. That doesn't mean every sound!

I would imagine a paranoid perfectionist would be the most difficult customer to please, because they demand:

!00% vacuum ("It's not sucking my brains out! - In space no one can hear you scream!")

100% sound isolation ("Darn!, I can still hear the pneumatic drill when I stand next to the workman!")

100% flawless, blemish free product (Impossible for a custom)

100% communication with live minute by minute update ( "I emailed 5 minutes ago, and they still haven't answered.")

100% fast delivery ("I sent my impressions yesterday, Why haven't I got my customs???")

They are so consumed with these things, it turns into a hissy fit when their impossible expectations are not met.

It's a wonder if they ever get to listen to music, or are interested in music, or even know what live music sounds like!!!
biggrin.gif

p.s Sorry that turned into a rant, which was not directed at you, but a general observation of some people's impossible expectations.

May 15, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #2,396 of 3,902
I admit I am a mix of 100% Isolation and Build. I udnerstand shipping, emails and stuff so that is somehting I can comprimise, I just want the actual product, to be up to standard.

I have to talk to art cause volume is:
75% right ear, 25% left ear, all my bands are playing on my right hand side lols!

May 15, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #2,397 of 3,902
Quote:

That's what Studio Ace said. A "100%" seal means you can create and maintain a vacuum. Customs are not designed to do that.

A good fit means the custom will comfortably fill the ear, and provide a full sound, while blocking out about 25db of outside noise. That doesn't mean every sound!

I would imagine a paranoid perfectionist would be the most difficult customer to please, because they demand:

!00% vacuum ("It's not sucking my brains out! - In space no one can hear you scream!")

100% sound isolation ("Darn!, I can still the pneumatic drill when I stand next to the workman!")

100% flawless, blemish free product (Impossible for a custom)

100% communication with live minute by minute update ( "I emailed 5 minutes ago, and they still haven't answered.")

100% fast delivery ("I sent my impressions yesterday, Why haven't I got my customs???")

They are so consumed with these things, it turns into a hissy fit when their impossible expectations are not met.

It's a wonder if they ever get to listen to music, or are interested in music, or even know what live music sounds like!!!
biggrin.gif

p.s Sorry that turned into a rant, which was not directed at you, but a general observation of some people's impossible expectations.

Well, I think many of the people who get custom IEMs are expecting to only like them if they get a "100% seal".

A lot of the people in the UE11 thread say that they "lose amazing highs" when the seal isn't perfect. This is why they continually sent their IEMs back for refits. The seal is important not only for the bass, but it is, apparently, also important for overall sound.

Sure, people can't possibly expect 100% in everything, but as people are spending $200-1200, they expect at least a great sounding product that will keep them happy and regret-free for a few years. Although LiveWires and FreQs may not be as expensive as UEs, many people who buy them aren't aware of the cost of UE customs, so they assume that their $250 is going into a phenomenal product.

May 15, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #2,398 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want the actual product, to be up to standard.

I have to talk to art cause volume is:
75% right ear, 25% left ear, all my bands are playing on my right hand side lols!

...and you have every right for it to be up to standard!

May 15, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #2,399 of 3,902
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I think many of the people who get custom IEMs are expecting to only like them if they get a "100% seal".

It's the definition of a "100% seal" that is the problem.

A good fit is where the custom fits snug in your ear. When you move your head there is no loss of sound quality and fullness remains.

A 100% seal is a vacuum, when you push them in you create a vacuum, and suction. That isn't what is promised.

My Livewires block my ears, as the fit is good, but I don't have a constant vacuum, suction effect going on.

People who are just after a vacuum (100% seal) are going to have problems as ear canals expand and contract with the heat and cold.

May 15, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #2,400 of 3,902
Quote:

It's the definition of a "100% seal" that is the problem.

A good fit is where the custom fits snug in your ear. When you move your head there is no loss of sound quality and fullness remains.

A 100% seal is a vacuum, when you push them in you create a vacuum, and suction. That isn't what is promised.

My Livewires block my ears, as the fit is good, but I don't have a constant vacuum, suction effect going on.

People who are just after a vacuum (100% seal) are going to have problems as ear canals expand and contract with the heat and cold.

Agreed! A perfect fit is required a vacuum seal isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back