Little Lab 'Monotor' Headphone amp
Apr 12, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 6
Little Labs Monotor Amp

I met this amp and its designer at the CanJam L.A. Sunday.

What I heard:
Absolutely clean, no high frequency “Tizz”.
Dynamic power in spades.

I like neutral, clean and detailed sounding equipment. Preferably dynamic. Above all – musical.

Have heard Sennheiser HD600 on several different systems. I have never heard them sound so dynamic yet clear as with the Little Labs amp – for the first time I was adding the HD600's  to my short list.

In and probably above its price bracket, this is the amp to beat – if you can.

Brandon

My background:
I am not a headphones expert. Yet. But I am a many decades audiophile, started by building the family speakers (three foot tall solid ash cabinets – not a kit) at age 14. They looked like furniture and went into the living room.
I have since built better speakers and modded my other equipment.

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi,

Nice choice on head amp.

On my list to demo though not easy to demo where I am currently which is a little annoying so can't comment on sound but from what I understand, would suit me, especially some of the analysis functions as I do sound monitoring as a semi serious hobby.

Some others to compare in a similar price range which I do have experience with would be Rupert Neve RNHP & Burson Soloist Mark II.

Hope this helps.

Aug 26, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #4 of 6
Last edited:
Aug 27, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #5 of 6
Hoping to review one of these soon, possibly a loan unit. They do look very good for the price.

Aug 6, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #6 of 6
Bit of a nOOb here so I might be totally missing something. I have a RME Multiface soundcard running through a Little Labs Monotor and Focal Clears. I'm pretty happy with the setup and recently switched from HD650's to the Clears. I found out about the Monotor amp through audio recording forums Gearslutz. The Monotor also had very good reviews at the audio recording store Sweetwater. This is the only thread I can find on head-fi and it doesn't say much. Anyone know much about or have opinions about the Monotor amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back