Official 2017 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions (August 19, 2017)

First

Back
1 2
Next

Last
  1. Whitigir
    Wow, the Abyss look so very Abysmal....when people wear them on. I like the E-stat by the way

2. Zachik
    I am surprised Abyss never got sued for stealing their headphone design... :wink:

skull crasher.jpg

3. meomap
    Because ?????

4. vipervick
    The last couple I had to work. But this one I was set to go and even paid, then a family conflict came up.

5. Whitigir
    Lol...horrible device...now it is even more abysmal

6. bflat
    But your net worth as of Sunday is still unchanged. Not many of us who went to the meet can say that!:weary:

Bansaku likes this.
  7. monsterzero
    Lots of good stuff here!

Did the guys from Taction Kannon mention when they were going to start shipping?
    Quite a few of us over in their thread who supported them during the Kickstarter phase have yet to get any shipping date confirmation.
    Other than the bass response how did the rest of the sound signature sound?

8. meomap
    Hi,

Noticed a lot fewer vendors showed up.
    Noble was not there again. Want to hear new stuffs they are offering. I guess they don't like Bay area since they missed 2X already. I guess I won't support their products again after K10C.
    After owning and hearing Utopia for awhile, I don't think any new hp can compete with it, yet.

Tried LCD4, i4, Susvara(wrong DAC used for consumers to demo but WA33 amp is nice ), Mr Speaker Electro Static HP, Sonoma set = None still comes lively as Utopia. LCD4 comes close but slightly dark.
    Even Utopia with WA8 combo sound very nice to me.

Again, this IMO so no hard feeling.

Next year, I think going back to CAS 2 channel. Enough with personal HP setup for now.

9. Whitigir
    I am Glad that you are in the blessing of Utopia now :) best feature is to plug into your DaP and go

10. littlelabs
    Little Labs had a blast meeting more of Head-Fi community. It was only our second Head-Fi event and we really enjoyed demonstrating our Monotor! Thanks Ethan!

IMG_4477.JPG

nick n, Left Channel and DanWiggins like this.
  11. moedawg140 Contributor
    It was nice chatting with you as well, @Zachik, and thanks for the kind words. I'll try my best! :punch: (imagine a dark-skinned fist bump)

Zachik likes this.
  12. Lurk650
    I live in South City so this would have been a quick trip for me but unfortunately my Fantasy Football draft party got pushed to that day so I couldn't attend. I agree though that San Mateo & SJ would have been a nightmare, as well as downtown SF. I don't think I read it happening but what could have worked is having a shuttle run from Millbrae BART to the hotel, IDK how to plan it as far as times but that would have made it easy for people from the South Bay to take Caltrain and people from East Bay/SF to take BART/Caltrain.

13. aamefford
    Sorry to miss this one. Not a bad ride down from the north east bay in Vacaville, but time with my family was the order of the day. I missed seeing you guys. I also missed meeting you @bosiemoncrieff . I was looking forward to that. Glad everyone had fun.

bosiemoncrieff likes this.
  14. moedawg140 Contributor
    SF was really fun, so having the meet in Burlingame was good as the atmosphere is much more relaxed, and for the most part don't have to worry about your vehicle being broken into if you park on an SF street. Alan (@Netforce) and I were walking from SPiN SF to Happy Donuts / Louisiana Fried Chicken for some late-night waffles, and saw a super-sketchy alley on the way - interesting as well to see and talk to some SF area residents at the eatery.

IMG_2773.JPG

Lurk650 likes this.
  15. moedawg140 Contributor
    Missed you there for sure!

Hopefully we will cross paths next year!

First

Back
1 2
Next

Last