little help?
May 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jesusjuice

New Head-Fier
Hey

Had a pair of akg 450 and now there broken so now im on a hunt for a new pair of headphones.

I was looking for a pair of portable headphones with a good sound stage as possible ... i know full size are the way to go in this department but i dont mind taking a hit in quality at regard because i love to walk and listen to music and i don't want anything massive to carry or on my head. Plus sound stage would be good for film and gaming right?

So i dont really want to go above £100

i was thinking about the ath es55 i hear they are pretty good. can anyone suggest me any others that would do the job?

May 5, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 6
I dont have a proper headphone amp although i do have an astro mix amp although im guessing there not the same.

Music wise I listen to alot of music but i mainly listen to acoustic, post rock and indie rock. bands like

Sigur ros
Great lake swimmers
Bon iver
asobi seksu
interpol
school of seven bells

May 5, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #5 of 6
The mixamp is in fact an actual amp.  Amps just give headphones the power they need, sometimes the source can't power them directly to their full potential.

If you want a good guide on what to buy, you should check out Joker's portable headphone review thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-78-portable-headphones-reviewed-sennheiser-px90-px100-ii-added-04-17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back