Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Jan 2, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #10,533 of 13,432

​I read on page77 in this thread that you could use 1217 tubes(the same as 6BE6 tubes) in EF91 mode. Sylvania made some Gold Brand 1217 tubes. I wonder how these will sound. Today I am using some Mullard CV4014.

Jan 2, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #10,534 of 13,432

​I read on page77 in this thread that you could use 1217 tubes(the same as 6BE6 tubes) in EF91 mode. Sylvania made some Gold Brand 1217 tubes. I wonder how these will sound. Today I am using some Mullard CV4014.

Searching back through this thread, I don't know that anyone tried the Sylvania 1217. However, the Sylvania 1217 should sound substantially the same as the Sylvania 6BE6. So if you can get a pair of the 1217 cheap, they are certainly worth trying. And then roll them in using EF91 and EF95 to see which setting you prefer.

Jan 4, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #10,535 of 13,432
I'm currently looking at the drop for the Little Dot 1+, what is the difference in term of sound with the WE408 and 6CQ6 ? What would be the better choice if I'm mostly  listening to EDM, country and a bit of rock.

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #10,536 of 13,432
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on these Russian tubes? Just looking at rolling options, the description does sound attractive. The link is below pic 

4 pc matched 6J1P-EV (EF95 6F32 6AK7) gold platinum grid 1980's NEW NOS NIB!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-pc-matched-6J1P-EV-EF95-6F32-6AK7-gold-platinum-grid-1980s-NEW-NOS-NIB-/111732434382?hash=item1a03c5a5ce:m:m62KC9qFxNIbo8xQ634CO2w

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #10,537 of 13,432
  Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on these Russian tubes? Just looking at rolling options, the description does sound attractive. The link is below pic 

4 pc matched 6J1P-EV (EF95 6F32 6AK7) gold platinum grid 1980's NEW NOS NIB!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-pc-matched-6J1P-EV-EF95-6F32-6AK7-gold-platinum-grid-1980s-NEW-NOS-NIB-/111732434382?hash=item1a03c5a5ce:m:m62KC9qFxNIbo8xQ634CO2w

http://tubes-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=955

Jan 5, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #10,539 of 13,432

http://tubes-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=955

Thank you!

Now they don't look so attractive all of a sudden :D 

Got loads of tubes i tried in my MK3 you probably saw page 77 in the thread. Whats fun about them is they are cheap .NAD still going strong ?.

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #10,540 of 13,432
  Got loads of tubes i tried in my MK3 you probably saw page 77 in the thread. Whats fun about them is they are cheap .NAD still going strong ?.

Yes indeed my friend :) 

My NAD amps are all I've used the last couple of years. I still recommend them highly as headphone amps. The thing is, I forget how good they sound when the impulse to try something new comes along. I always fall back on them.

I see you've got both the top senns - I'm looking to possibly buy either the original again or the 's'. Undecided..  Enjoying the little brothers at the mo HD700

Jan 5, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #10,541 of 13,432

Yes indeed my friend :) 

My NAD amps are all I've used the last couple of years. I still recommend them highly as headphone amps. The thing is, I forget how good they sound when the impulse to try something new comes along. I always fall back on them.

I see you've got both the top senns - I'm looking to possibly buy either the original again or the 's'. Undecided..  Enjoying the little brothers at the mo HD700

I like the S model a little more bass a little less on top end ,i like em i sold the 800 sold a few thing due for an  update lol .Getting into guitars, you know what they say your never to old to Rock&Roll lol

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #10,542 of 13,432
  I like the S model a little more bass a little less on top end ,i like em i sold the 800 sold a few thing due for an  update lol .Getting into guitars, you know what they say your never to old to Rock&Roll lol

One of my favorite Tull tunes!
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #10,543 of 13,432

Haha good for you! I used to play guitar - spent half my life playing in bands. Only got one guitar left from those days.. My trusty Fender Strat. An 80's model, black and white with maple neck. Love the tone of the Fenders. Used to use a les paul (sunburst red) as well which is great for rock and probably the coolest looking guitar ever designed. I'm a lefty so it was a nightmare trying to find guitars. Had to blind order my les paul without even trying it out! 

What have you got up to now? (I'm sure the folk won't mind a little diversion to the subject of guitars) I used to have a tube amp for my Fender :D   

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #10,544 of 13,432

Haha good for you! I used to play guitar - spent half my life playing in bands. Only got one guitar left from those days.. My trusty Fender Strat. An 80's model, black and white with maple neck. Love the tone of the Fenders. Used to use a les paul (sunburst red) as well which is great for rock and probably the coolest looking guitar ever designed. I'm a lefty so it was a nightmare trying to find guitars. Had to blind order my les paul without even trying it out! 

What have you got up to now? (I'm sure the folk won't mind a little diversion to the subject of guitars) I used to have a tube amp for my Fender :D   

Im really basically just  starting out got myself a cigar box style guitar  and a  license plate style guitar 3 strings, but now eyeing a 6 string Gretsch Hollow Body G5422T i dont deserve to own a guitar like that but its so pleasing to the eye a classic so this one is in the works there's aLso   Brian Setzer Signature model 6120SLVO im looking at expensive though a few pictures 

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #10,545 of 13,432
  Im really basically just  starting out got myself a cigar box style guitar  and a  license plate style guitar 3 strings, but now eyeing a 6 string Gretsch Hollow Body G5422T i dont deserve to own a guitar like that but its so pleasing to the eye a classic so this one is in the works there's aLso   Brian Setzer Signature model 6120SLVO im looking at expensive though a few pictures 

Those are beautiful. I love the classic designs and the Gretsch are timeless. The guitar which I always wanted but never got round to getting was the Telecaster. My guitar heros are Hendrix and Jimmy Page. I remember when I was started out playing early gigs, all my musician friends and other bands I played with had Ibanez (Steve Vai) types and racks of effect pedals. I had my Strat, a boss distortion and Wah pedal plugged straight into a combo fender amp. Thats all I needed!! Good times :)

Guitars are beautiful toys and I can totally understand the collecting of them. (I used to sleep with my Fender...haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back