Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Jul 9, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #10,280 of 13,432
  Guys.. need help with my little dot mk 3 it looks like it has stopped working all together.

It powers on and passes traffic but does nothing to the signal.

If I turn the amp off it passes audio.. if I turn it on it passes audio but does not change the signal at all. The volume knob does nothing.

I just used my friends amp as a test.. plugged the cables in the exact way same way with the same cables and volume and the audio sounds 100x better.

Any ideas? This amp is like 5+ years old so im sure it has no warranty..

Currently my audio is plugged into the output side of the amp.. if I plug it into input I get no audio at all its like .1% sound.

Have you checked your tubes 

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #10,282 of 13,432
Guys.. need help with my little dot mk 3 it looks like it has stopped working all together.

It powers on and passes traffic but does nothing to the signal.

If I turn the amp off it passes audio.. if I turn it on it passes audio but does not change the signal at all. The volume knob does nothing.

I just used my friends amp as a test.. plugged the cables in the exact way same way with the same cables and volume and the audio sounds 100x better.

Any ideas? This amp is like 5+ years old so im sure it has no warranty..

Currently my audio is plugged into the output side of the amp.. if I plug it into input I get no audio at all its like .1% sound.
what?

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #10,284 of 13,432
Update on this.. im now plugged into the input with my RCA cables and I am getting audio out of the left can. The right can has no audio on it at all... any ideas?

All I hear is static or a low hum in the right ear. 

Also I know this is somehow related to the amp and not wiring bc as soon as I swap out my friends little dot 1+ in the exact same wiring everything works great..

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #10,286 of 13,432
  Update on this.. im now plugged into the input with my RCA cables and I am getting audio out of the left can. The right can has no audio on it at all... any ideas?

All I hear is static or a low hum in the right ear. 

Also I know this is somehow related to the amp and not wiring bc as soon as I swap out my friends little dot 1+ in the exact same wiring everything works great..

It's the amp then. I had the same problem with my first I+

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #10,287 of 13,432
Hey Guys,

What do you think about these voskhods?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291814506767?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

They are from 1981, and have OTK 9, ruggedized, military.

I am about to order a few, but wanted to get your feedback before :)

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back