Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Mar 6, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #10,126 of 13,432

According to what I read from here, "matched" or not does not matter much. I bought a few 6H6P from ebay for my LD MKIV SE, so far, I have no complain yet. 

Thanks for the info!
  Pentagon is symbol of novosibirsk factory so yeah they are soviet.

Cool, thanks. I have seen other tubes with that symbol on them, and usually were Soviet tubes, but wanted to be sure. So these are considered decent tubes? They have no problems with my Beyer or AKG cans, power to spare. And with the 6ZH1P-EVs it sounds really good, great bass, sweet vocals and awesome sound stage, just wondering if it can get better with more rolling the 6H6n's?

At Yen Audio tubes are overpriced if you want russian tubes you could look here   http://tubes-store.com/index.php

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #10,127 of 13,432
  My MkIII was purchased on Massdrop, came with power tubes with markings that show a pentagon symbol, with 6H6N under that, and 1082 under that, nothing else on tube.  Are these Russian? I thought the stock tubes were of Chinese origin.
I was looking at the matched pair of Novosibirsk 6H6P-I Power Tubes from Yen Audio, but being a tube noob, would I benefit from these over the tubes that came with it, especially at the cost?
Any good suggestions on better tubes, and where to get them?
I have purchased a few driver tubes and have been enjoying the whole rolling adventure so far, and really enjoy the 6ZH1P-EVs I received with the notches and little rocket symbol, sorry you guys above don't like them.
Thanks in advance!!

Can you spot some number on them, like mine has "81-04", which I suppose means it was produced in April 1981.

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #10,132 of 13,432
  To be absolutely correct - pentagon symbol is a symbol that's been used in soviet union to mark items that went through special quality control. Sometimes you can see characters "OTK" inside which stands for Quality Control Department.

Depending on what kind of pentagon symbol. Yours is quality control, but many tubes made by Novosibirsk has a smaller pentagon logo. 

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #10,133 of 13,432
TIME FOR SOME PICTURES

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #10,136 of 13,432

6HM5 ARE DRIVERS (FRONT) 6N6P-IR are power tubes (back). By the way there's no stupid question i asked the same one when i started

Mike,

I just got these and hooked them up today. Should I change any settings on my actually little dot mk3? Ive heard there is a dip switch or something to change based on your tubes.

The 6HM5 tubes are EF95 types check under your amp to see if jumpers left and right channel are on EF95 setting  theres 3 pins jumper should be on second and third pin from the left   . If EF92 type tube jumper should be on second and third pin from right  .Also i would recommend getting long jumpers way easier to remove than  the stock ones  it can be a pita  if they fall in the amp                                                                                                                                                         

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #10,138 of 13,432
Hi guys, im Kinda new to tube rolling, and i just placed an order of brimar 6ak6 thinking they were 6ak5, do the 6ak6 work with my LD mk IV se?

Never heard of those here return them if you can if you want to try tubes theres quite a few on page 77 of this thread one of the favorites here being the 6HM5 YUGO Tall bottle

Mar 12, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #10,139 of 13,432
Hi guys, im Kinda new to tube rolling, and i just placed an order of brimar 6ak6 thinking they were 6ak5, do the 6ak6 work with my LD mk IV se?

You would have to strap pin 2 to pin 7 like the 6AU6 to use those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back