Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide
Oct 30, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #12,301 of 13,432
Anyone rolled the Tung-Sol 6AK5 in the MKIII? Now that I've been listening to it it's fantastic! BTW I'm using the Novosibirsk 6H6P power tubes.

Nov 3, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #12,302 of 13,432
Hi guys, this thread helped me a lot in choosing my tubes for the Little Dot Mk3, I chose the Voskhod and the Mullard 8100. I wanted to ask you now if I want to replace the power cable with a better quality one what should I buy? Possibly from Amazon or Ebay.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #12,303 of 13,432
Nov 3, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #12,304 of 13,432
Hi guys, this thread helped me a lot in choosing my tubes for the Little Dot Mk3, I chose the Voskhod and the Mullard 8100. I wanted to ask you now if I want to replace the power cable with a better quality one what should I buy? Possibly from Amazon or Ebay.

Likewise, I am not a believer in exotic power cables. But it seemed to me that perhaps hospital grade power cables might be better than stock and they are relatively inexpensive. That said, I can't hear any difference. lol :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hospital-G...3-AWG-Clear-Blue-Gray-Power-Cord/391528221285

Nov 4, 2020 at 1:43 AM Post #12,305 of 13,432
Thank you very much for the suggestions, I would like something less exotic and the second cable seems to be more suitable also in terms of price. I change the cable also because the one supplied is quite short 80cm if I'm not mistaken, I would need 2m. I had seen cables from AliExpress as well but I didn't trust their quality very much, even though I don't think there anyway. want to be better than the cable provided. I also wanted to ask you if you could put some cables with the Italian socket, so as not to have to use an adapter. Thanks.

Nov 4, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #12,306 of 13,432
Thank you very much for the suggestions, I would like something less exotic and the second cable seems to be more suitable also in terms of price. I change the cable also because the one supplied is quite short 80cm if I'm not mistaken, I would need 2m. I had seen cables from AliExpress as well but I didn't trust their quality very much, even though I don't think there anyway. want to be better than the cable provided. I also wanted to ask you if you could put some cables with the Italian socket, so as not to have to use an adapter. Thanks.

In order to find a cable that can be used in Italian sockets, I suggest that you go to eBay's Italian site and search there for hospital power cables:

https://www.ebay.it/

And you might want to send a message to the vendor asking if they have power cords that can be used in Italy without an adapter.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #12,307 of 13,432
In order to find a cable that can be used in Italian sockets, I suggest that you go to eBay's Italian site and search there for hospital power cables:

And you might want to send a message to the vendor asking if they have power cords that can be used in Italy without an adapter.

Good luck! :)

I will do as you told me, meanwhile wandering around on Amazon I came across this cable, could the one you recommend be fine or better?
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B08LG1TDXR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SJUOFbZXKQ74Q

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #12,308 of 13,432
[QUOTE = "gibosi, post: 15956922, membro: 345424"]
Per trovare un cavo che possa essere utilizzato nelle prese italiane, ti consiglio di andare sul sito italiano di eBay e cercare lì i cavi elettrici ospedalieri:

E potresti voler inviare un messaggio al venditore chiedendo se hanno cavi di alimentazione che possono essere utilizzati in Italia senza un adattatore.

In bocca al lupo! :)

Farò come mi hai detto, intanto girovagando su Amazon mi sono imbattuto in questo cavo, potrebbe andar bene quello da te consigliato o migliore?
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B08LG1TDXR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SJUOFbZXKQ74Q
[/QUOTE]

That Amazon power cord looks very nice and the price seems reasonable to me. :)

Nov 4, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #12,309 of 13,432
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #12,310 of 13,432
5A-152M ... is there anybody that tryied it instead of C3g?
application field is the same and same is the value of Uf=6,3V and similar is If=0,47A ... pin out? I still have to check but looks the same
... and costs very few bucks

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #12,311 of 13,432
Hello, I need a little help. Want to change the volume pot in my Little dot MKIII but I can't get it out, don't want to break anything but I don't know what to do after unscrewing the front panel, the pot seems fit in place by two little brackets, how to get it out without breaking anything?
By the way the pot in mine read 323G 50KAX2, so I was thinking about an Alps blue velvet 50K, right? Thanks in advance.

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #12,312 of 13,432
Hello, I need a little help. Want to change the volume pot in my Little dot MKIII but I can't get it out, don't want to break anything but I don't know what to do after unscrewing the front panel, the pot seems fit in place by two little brackets, how to get it out without breaking anything?
By the way the pot in mine read 323G 50KAX2, so I was thinking about an Alps blue velvet 50K, right? Thanks in advance.
Use search function you will find what you are looking for and Alps pot is 100kA X 2 check page 611 post 9163

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #12,313 of 13,432
5A-152M ... is there anybody that tryied it instead of C3g?
application field is the same and same is the value of Uf=6,3V and similar is If=0,47A ... pin out? I still have to check but looks the same
... and costs very few bucks
The Little Dot shares a 1A filament current with both driver tubes and those 5A-152M are getting very close to pushing that limit at 0.47A each. Don't forget tubes can briefly draw up to three times the listed filament current during startup.

Nov 8, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #12,315 of 13,432
Thanks, but I need not that, I'd like to know how to dismount the original one from the face plate without problems. Anyone that has done that already can give me some tips?
There should be a retaining nut or screws behind the volume knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back